!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Latest Maynuo M9812 Programmable DC Electronic Load seems promising  (Read 5402 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
For some time now I am researching DC Electronic Load market by the hope to see something well build and correctly priced.
But this even today seems like a dream, there is no explanation of why most of two or three popular DC Load products at 300W range they walk away from the factory door at a pricing not higher than 200$ USD in China,  and their retail price in the west world becomes 700 - 1200 EUR or USD?

In my attempt to communicate directly with seven Programmable DC Electronic Load vendors, only ARRAY answered my email, and now sends me even Christmas cards by email.  :)

At my very recent research I did noted some details which definably push me away of ARRAY products, even up to date it seems that cooling fans in these products always operate in full RPM, and this seems unavoidable when using dual small 60x60 fans inside instead of a single high quality 80x80.
Lastly even today ARRAY software is definably limited compared to Maynuo.

Latest Maynuo M9812 is not that new either, as it is based at the PCB of Maynuo M9711 and this is a design of 8/2011.
It significant New change is the upper voltage limit which now is at 150V, and this definably gives a hand about testing even electric bicycle batteries at 36V and 48V range, these have higher top up voltage.
For example such a 36V LifePo4 battery gets charged at 43V , and a 48V battery at much higher voltage.

Among the details that I consider as positive in favor of Maynuo products are the adjustable fan speed according to load in use.
And also their software which seems and is far advanced than ARRAY.   

Another newcomer as DC loads vendor is the also Chinese Nanjing Jartul Electronics Co., Ltd, but this one seems not as passionate d about to attract attention of the west world.
And possibly the same story is what is happening with BEICH and even with Nanjing CHANGSHENG instrument co., LTD .

Most basic solution as DC Load seems to come by a company called as KUNKIN.
Their budget model is controlled exclusively by two potentiometer and this is all.

What I plan to definably avoid is ITECH DC load mostly due the fact that their American distribution network is B&K precision, and they do buy for less than 200$ and they sell them back with their logo for 1200$ USD.
You must be an total idiot so to over look such minor details.   ;)

For now I will keep sweet looking the Maynuo product series and if I discover a honest reseller in Europe I will possibly move ahead and buy one.

Maynuo.EU  web site is not related with Maynuo headquarters, and does not deserve more faith from consumers, just because a single person using Maynuo Logo as part for his own advertising campaign.   

For now even me I am prepared to demonstrate a bit of patience, eventually this Maynuo M9812 will become available from several stores over Europe in the upcoming months.
And this translating to more choices about bargaining about getting it in a fair price.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
After communicating directly with Maynuo factory, the information which I got from Miss Kate Zhou it did convinced me that Maynuo factory is behind this high pricing policy even over Europe.

And this is definably bad news in the regard of fair pricing.

But this is not all, by looking close-up pictures of those loads I did discover their average build quality regarding PCB soldering and even parts.

The pictures bellow indicating an issue with a 2W resistor which seems to suffer from extreme overheating, and this causes damage to the part it self.

Those pictures are from different models, but even so in both cases the pictures clearly demonstrating that the factory has not offer yet a true solution and that it does rather experimenting.
This translating that buying such equipments with out true warranty plan this will end as one experiment for your own wallet.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix