!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

ITTSB Blog Specific > ITTSB - Small projects by Kiriakos & User reviews

2022 ITTSB Project: Triple Rail DC dummy load 330W for ATX PSU testing

<< < (6/6)

overvolt:

--- Quote from: Kiriakos GR on October 31, 2022, 12:19:19 PM ---Some one might think this project as the poor man testing DC load, I have news for you, analog electronics helped science to build or develop first tools for space technology and to explore outer space.
Now feel free to build or become a maker of your own spaceship.  ;D

--- End quote ---

Do not bother with what others might think.
Very few own such a well organized workshop (mini factory) as you do.
The end-product this is second to none, and it can won an award at any DIY contest.   ;)

Andrew-88:
Therefore combined two DC loads, can do 80Plus efficiency testing up to 900W PSU.  :)
How many more secrets you do have under your sleeve?

8)

Kiriakos GR:
Thank you both for the delivery of positive energy!

Now I feel satisfied and I can move on.  :)

Kiriakos GR:

--- Quote from: Kiriakos GR on October 31, 2022, 12:19:19 PM ---Both DC load unit combined as one, they can now stress the 12V rail up to 32.27A.
Combined use of loads can stress any computer power supply up to 440.21 VA and or 440.21 DC Watt.

--- End quote ---

Today I have all the answers about how total loading capacity due both loads 440.21 DC Watt., this translate as wattage at input AC Side.
Due the fact that entire DC load this is resistive,  even one low-cost power meter this can measure energy at minimum error.

Resistive load alone = All rails combined 327.41 VA   
Programmable load = 11.5V at 9.0A =  103.5 VA
Total = 430,91 VA
AC side this measured  476.6 Watt ( 235V AC)
AC side this measured  745.1 W   (90V AC)

https://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1729.msg4740#msg4740

In conclusion, the combined loads at DC side, this is of what exactly required for 750W PSU (at the label) testing.
Especially when testing input voltages at the range 90 ~ 240V AC.
When I did the original design, of Triple Rail DC dummy load , I could not calculate or foreseen, PSU loading behavior at 120V AC and or lower.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version