!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: June 2022 PSU CORSAIR CX500 V2 - Repair -- CMPSU-500CXV2  (Read 2319 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
June 2022 PSU CORSAIR CX500 V2 - Repair -- CMPSU-500CXV2
« on: June 14, 2022, 07:09:10 PM »
This is another bed time story but a very interesting one.  :)

I am the one ordered this PSU for the PC of a customer.
Purchase date December 2015, the PSU worked for 8 months and suddenly the PC (old Pentium ) this started to have memory stability issues, and this PSU was pulled off, and another new PSU this solved the problem.

But later on and after testing this CMPSU-500CX V2, I did realize that this PSU it is still intact.
I did sold it half price (at 2019)  to another customer, that he had an old computer that he was actually using it only few days per month.

This PSU returned back to me now at June 2022,  sum of time this be plugged to wall plug = 3 years
The problem was audible sparks sound but no fire, and the PSU was starting up and all rails has good voltage.

I did open it up for inspection and fount the 400V electrolytic (SAMXON) 220uF (25x35) this be bulged.
Testing with LCR this gave measurement at 120Hz  of 191uF,  D= 0.027,  looks as to be functional but the unseen damage this is at the dielectric insulation  when the capacitor operates at 330V DC.
I did select replacement capacitor TEAPO at 330uF 400V, and now the PSU it is again functional  (No sounds of explosions at start-up).  ;D

CMPSU-500CXV2 this support ATX 2.3 , seems as modern design, capable to support INTEL Haswell CPU and modern power states. 
ATX 2.3  = fast sleep , fast resume, lesser consumption at sleep or power off mode.     

My next step, this will be to inspect entire PSU again, now that high voltage side this is healthy, so to inspect all components at its one of Low voltage rails.   ;)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix