!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Mini 10x15mm Rocker Switch - KCD1-11 - inspection of contact resistance  (Read 2789 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
When most factory of made in China rocker switch they are hidden, the chance of an electrician discovering contact resistance this is a matter of luck.

Either way contact resistance of  KCD1-11 ( Mini 10x15mm Rocker Switch)  this is: ≤ 50mΩ
Regarding product life cycle I did find the information of 10000 times which I think as fake news.

I have two USB hub, with power switch at its port, almost 50% of switches at those USB hub they failed, within 4 years of use.

Now I did placed an order about ten new switches, after arrival, first think for me to inspect this is mechanical functionality and contact resistance.
This will become a public inspection of quality control.   :)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Unbelievable ... my lost order of KCD11 this shown up after five months.  :P
I thought that it was lost and therefore I did reorder and I was expecting to test my new order.

Now with the arrival of the old,  the test samples will become 20. 

Either way this specific order of ten switches they are made by JSH factory in China, their website does not include their Mini 10x15mm Rocker Switch.
Close in equivalence it is this product page which also includes some electrical specifications.
http://www.jshele.cn/en/content/?311.html   

How to & Testing
Its one switch this received 15 operating cycles prior getting measured.
Its one measurement duration this was 10 seconds.
All test results were recorded and now you may calculate of how stable is the quality control of that factory.  :)

Samples 1~10

I am now assuming another two weeks of time for the arrival of the KCD1-11 (fresh order).
And also I am expecting these to be from another factory, and therefore their testing it would be an very interesting comparison. 8)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Mini 10x15mm Rocker Switch - KCD1-11 - inspection of contact resistance
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 09:54:54 AM »
This time we have the arrival of another ten switches these made in another village of China.
It seems that this factory it does wish to be fully anonymous  :P 

Either way here are the stats after the switches be spayed with contact spay because at first testing they did measure over 60 milliohm.

Samples 1~10  

While the numbers they do demonstrate the half part of the truth, the other half is that among this batch of switches they are two that they seem having mechanical problems, the mechanical operation seems harsh. 

And this is the end of the second part of this quality control verification.
In summary what worth keeping in mind, this is that the combination of low contact resistance among with the good mechanical operation, this is what characterizes one switch as good to use.

Offline Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
Re: Mini 10x15mm Rocker Switch - KCD1-11 - inspection of contact resistance
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 06:49:18 PM »
Either way here are the stats after the switches be spayed with contact spay because at first testing they did measure over 60 milliohm.

Oh my God, this manufacturing facility it must be full of dust, probably it does missing a roof :P 

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix