!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: PAGET LTD Nr 9159 digital timer - Easy Repair - Internal Battery  (Read 3847 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
One Nr 9159 digital timer was offered to me as gift, it packaging was still sealed.
While I did dislike the tiny screen, I thought to use it but I did run in to a problem, new set time was not retained as soon this was plugged off.

I am aware that such devices they use rechargeable or alkaline battery for retaining of program settings.
This timer does not have external location for alkaline and therefore I did predict that internal battery this is rechargeable and I did leave it to charge for 48 hours.
But even then after unplugging it, time setting was lost and screen was turn of in five seconds.

I did take it apart and discover inside one 1.5V NiMH Coin cell with tabs, at the PCB was two large solder blogs as soldering, but even so the battery was not TRULY soldered.
YES Easy repair .... I did remove old solder blobs and renew the soldering and the battery now this is truly part of the circuit.

Now this PAGET LTD Nr 9159 digital timer, after be unplugged from wall plug the LCD stays active and digital clock this still operates.

I did program this digital timer so to be active its day for two hours, so my portable vacuum cleaner to not stay at active charging all day long.  :)

I would never pay a single euro coin for such Lidl sold poor quality gadgets but for as free gift I will accept it  ;D

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline cluca1969

• job title: Electronics developer
Re: PAGET LTD Nr 9159 digital timer - Easy Repair - Internal Battery
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 08:11:47 PM »
You did a good job.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix