!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Olympus quits camera business after 84 years  (Read 2673 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Olympus quits camera business after 84 years
« on: September 20, 2021, 11:27:49 PM »
March of 2020 Olympus Japan, sold their camera business to another Japanese investor.

I did make my first steps as hobbyist photographer at the year 2002 by demonstrating trust to an OLYMPUS compact digital camera which was and is a true miracle.
The OLYMPUS C2100 this is a step down class of the most expensive OLYMPUS DSLR class of cameras, which these were made to serve professional photographers.

The OLYMPUS C2100 it is actually a huge in size so to be named as compact camera,  lens are not changeable, but several add-on lens can be attached at the front of it.
C2100 has 10X zoom and analog image stabilization system, with this combination many people succeed taking high quality pictures and also clean of motion blur too.

The period of 2002 up to 2010 were the one, which us digital photography enthusiasts had spend most of our cash at new and used accessories, in our attempt to own all available OLYMPUS accessories, which them will expand our digital camera potentials at it full scale.

OLYMPUS firm was quite generous to Europe by the offering of three years warranty, product repairs was served in Portugal, true fast repair and shipping back times.
With all that in mind, it was a pleasure be an owner of OLYMPUS middle priced, up to high-end gear.

At the year 2011 and later I personally select to focus all my power at ITTSB blog and relative to electrical test and measurement products.
By doing so, I did abandon getting informed of digital cameras market and news.

The period of 2011 up to 2017 this were the one, that digital compact camera sales started to collapse, but such information this were unknown to consumers.
OLYMPUS firm said that mobile phone market this is the reason that dedicated digital cameras lost 84% of the market share in the past decade.

In order to keep this topic sort, I will simply say that there is no way, one mobile phone camera to compete with a dedicated digital camera which this belong to 1000 euro price point or higher than that.

My OLYMPUS C2100, this is a true technological miracle, OLYMPUS use for it dry capacitors, along with dust-proof push button and program selector switch, zoom lever and even a plastic housing,  which this is designed to not allow water droplets to penetrate, when the camera is used by wet hands.
In the other side of the coin, how many mobile phones were killed because of few water droplets and moisture? within 2002 up to 2017?

Digital photography, this is a sector this requiring the user to gain portion of relative education, along with a good camera with potentials, significant portion of patience, and then you can get excited with images that you do capture.

After of me be extremely experienced with digital cameras in the past nineteen years,  my opinion is that the taste of people this now become cheap or low, because computers and mobile phones and all our digital tools they are too many, and our time to spend on its one, so to discover their potentials this is limited.

I do feel sad about OLYMPUS and happy for me too.
I do feel sad about OLYMPUS because this company did not fail due the delivery of piss poor products in the market, they did kept delivering excellence until their last breath.
I do feel happy for me, I am within the lucky ones lived the golden period of 1990~2010 which we had the option to select and buy products made by excellence in mind, while new generation of consumers will have to deal with much less options so to choose from.

https://fstoppers.com/originals/demise-olympus-how-and-why-did-it-happen-and-what-does-future-hold-495764

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 11:39:46 PM by Kiriakos GR »
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix