!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: LCR DE-5000 from DER EE Taiwan, Teaser photos 22/11/2012 ITTSB.EU  (Read 18238 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
The DE-5000 finally arrived at the ITTSB at 21 November 2012. 

I feel very proud about having such great cooperation with DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.
I like to thanks the managment and also Miss Vicky Yen/ Sales Dept, for showing such interest about what is happening at the ITTSB.

Due recent changes at the Greek customs, I had an small adventure which I will remember and laugh about it later on.
The instruments which arrive for evaluation at ITTSB, sometimes the shipping requires extra efforts and coordinated moves, plus extra financial cost.

The good news are that the First DE-5000 which ever imported to Europe it came to Greece !!
;D

And today I am proudly present the first set of high resolution (teaser) pictures.
The product evaluation will start in the next days and it will last for few weeks.
The up-come will be one LCR evaluation second to none.  ;) 

Tips for easy viewing.
a) click on the first image.
b) Use your keyboard  Right or Left arrows so to scroll them.   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: LCR DE-5000 from DER EE Taiwan, Teaser photos 11/2012
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:00:48 PM »
Set No2
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: LCR DE-5000 from DER EE Taiwan, Teaser photos 22/11/2012 ITTSB.EU
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »
The review of this LCR is my current active (Top priority) project, I was never expect that it would need so much  work,  but I am getting there.   ;)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 11:26:28 PM »
Review progress at 85%  :)

Time to explore the software. 
The CD is well organized, and haves a copy of the Instruction manual plus the Instruction manual for the software.
DER EE did a great job about the CD software start screen.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 02:55:21 AM »
Product review link.  /DER EE DE-5000  LCR Meter Review

z4567

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 10:19:32 PM »
The review of this LCR is my current active (Top priority) project, I was never expect that it would need so much  work,  but I am getting there.   ;)

Kiriakos I have purchased that LCR meter (only 2 options-the tweezer and the other with crocodiles- and the meter itself). But the backlight does appear nowhere as bright as on your pic (I mean the 9th pic from the top). Is this the effect of the lighting or of the camera or my unit is not good?
How does it look when there is no light. It is nowhere as bright as the backlight of a Fluke 87V in the darkness for example.
Thank you.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 11:24:27 PM »
Back-light brightness in all DER EE meters up to date is a soft blue tint, yes in the picture it does seem brighter than what it is.

In my workshop I use only white fluorescent lights day and night, because sun light can not get that far inside were my workbench is.
But either way, when I am planning Back-light comparisons between different meters I am trying harder in setting the camera so to demonstrate more accurately the differences.   

DE-5000 has three LED in line across at the bottom of it display, if you do not see any shadows there, then all of them are working.   

In that specific picture there is two sources of light, the Back-light among with indirect light coming from the side (fluorescent lights).
If you look closely around the display you will note the difference.

z4567

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 11:43:03 PM »
Right! The upper and the right side blue border "strip" is the real backlight;)
Or may be not...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:51:40 PM by z4567 »

z4567

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 11:48:32 PM »
Here are the pics I have just taken.
It appears that I have the same brightness as you but in darkness the colors appear darker to the eye than to the camera.
I think this device has a dimmer backlight than the Flukes for example. Not a problem for me because I almost never use backlight to save battery life.
When it is dark, the backlight does not look to the eye as a soft color, as it appears to be on the pic. It is darker.

And you don't have the protective film.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:53:41 PM by z4567 »

z4567

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 12:04:56 AM »
By the way there is no way to measure large capacitances such as 6800 uF or 10.000 uF at 1 kHz or 10 kHz or 100kHz.
I can only measure them at 100 Hz or at most 120 Hz I think.
Could you confirm that?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:01:47 AM by z4567 »

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 12:15:55 AM »
By the way there is no way to measure large capacitance's such as 6800 uF or 10.000 uF at 1 kHz or 10 kHz or 100kHz.
Could you confirm that?

You should be aware that testing frequency for every capacitor type & size, it is mentioned by it vendor at their datasheet.
Feel free to download the datasheet for your capacitor, and follow the directions of it vendor regarding setting the DE-5000 accordingly.

z4567

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 12:35:06 AM »
By the way there is no way to measure large capacitance's such as 6800 uF or 10.000 uF at 1 kHz or 10 kHz or 100kHz.
Could you confirm that?

You should be aware that testing frequency for every capacitor type & size, it is mentioned by it vendor at their datasheet.
Feel free to download the datasheet for your capacitor, and follow the directions of it vendor regarding setting the DE-5000 accordingly.

Ok but the device (at least my LCR meter) itself has limits as to which frequency can be used with which capacitance.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix