!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Restoration project Laptop ASUS X52JU SX335V - Production date: June 2011  (Read 5559 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Benchmarks ?   ;)

My first order from EU failed, the So-dimm was damaged, I did get refund and re-order from China.
The new root this is CN -> NL ->EU
I am now expecting arrival of the new order in ten days from today.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Memory upgrade - Dual channel activation

I have finally facts and benchmarks!
Memory upgrade along Dual channel activation, at a laptop this appears to have lesser degree of impressive benefits when compared to desktop PC.

Windows Experience Index
From 4GB elevating at 8GB, the evaluation changed from 5.9 points to 6.8 points ( 7.9 Max scale) 

AIDA64 Cache and memory benchmark
The screenshots bellow its a proof and confirmation, that my Laptop now succeeds DDR3 relative performance equal to what was expected for the specific INTEL memory controller.
My comparison point this is a  Packard Bell EasyNote LM98
Benchmark results about DDR3 bandwidth alone these are now identical to ASUS X52JU SX335V

User experience with 8GB of Ram
The Windows operating system it is the first that requires a portion of RAM to operate, and the responsibility here this is at the heads of Microsoft engineers and company strategy.
For us not gaming with a laptop, Firefox and due Internet navigation, this is our challenge so to deal with.
I will simply confirm that 8GB of RAM, these are enough so our system to have open several instances of Firefox with out us to feel any system slowdown.

Plenty of RAM within a PC, this never helped it, to startup or close-down any faster.
Since the beginning of PC computing, all due hardware upgrades benefits they are measured in milliseconds, this is a fraction of time that us humans we are unable to feel such differences.
And this is of why we use synthetic benchmarks so us to receive any proofs of improvement.

My laptop and it overall performance this is better than before, no further hardware upgrades are possible.
It feels good to know, that in hardware level, this is now complete.  :)

In conclusion
My offering this is another one confirmation of what is real DDR3 performance index of: HM55 INTEL iron lake-M
Mobile IntelĀ® HM55 Express Chipset
Launch Date Q1'2010
Lithography 65 nm
TDP  3.5W
IntelĀ® 5 Series Chipsets
DDR3 memory bandwidth = officially undocumented  :P

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Laptop ASUS X52JU Repair - B156XW02 V6 Panel replacement year 2024
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2024, 11:37:12 AM »
Its a fact, electronics go bad SUDDENLY ...
The panel of my ASUS laptop X52J this started yesterday to misbehave due it own electronics circuit board partial failure.
Now it must be exchanged / replaced at the cost of 50~60 Euro as minimum.
Its sad, not damaged panel with damaged electronic board, what a waste or resources.

Panel code: B156XW02 V6 (AUO Brand China).
H/W: 0A
F/W: 1

Display Mode: TN
Lamp Type: WLED
Signal Interface: LVDS (1 ch 6-bit) 40 pins
Resolution: 1366 X 768
Viewing Angle: 45/45/15/35 (Typ.)(CR>=10)
Contrast Ratio: 500:1 (Typ.) (TM)

There is a mystery about (AUO Brand China), the most recent production of these panel is at 2015 = nine years back.
If you perform a lookup for a replacement, you do find the word  (compatible).

I did discover at least seven brand including Samsung all delivering such a 1366 X 768 panel.
But if you look closely their specifications,  they are differences at viewing angle along Contrast Ratio.

My panel this starts operating normally, but after 10 seconds of time lowest side, windows task bar starts flashing white.
After two minutes of time, white flashing this elevate at 50% of the screen,  three seconds perfect view and three seconds of white content in the form of screen loosing synchronization. 
All passives components are good, no soldering issues either,  the AUO master chip this go bad all the sudden.  :P   

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix