!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Faulting module name: Microsoft.MouseKeyboardCenter.Interop.dll  (Read 2596 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Faulting module name: Microsoft.MouseKeyboardCenter.Interop.dll
« on: November 30, 2022, 10:19:52 AM »
Faulting application name: MouseKeyboardCenter.exe, version: 14.41.137.0, time stamp: 0xdd573803
Faulting module name: Microsoft.MouseKeyboardCenter.Interop.dll, version: 14.41.137.0, time stamp: 0x61358aa4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000147da2
Faulting process id: 0xed4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d904ae72d09693
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\MouseKeyboardCenter.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\Microsoft.MouseKeyboardCenter.Interop.dll

======================================================================================

Since the moment which I did purchase  Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse and stated to use Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center I am facing over and over the same problem.

MouseKeyboardCenter.exe it does start, I can control mouse and MS Keyboard-600 settings.
At close or by exiting MouseKeyboardCenter.exe software, my windows 7 Pro, they show a nag-window message, this informing that this software has issues to close-down normally..

The very few references over the internet about MouseKeyboardCenter.exe software issues, they speculating Microsoft .NET framework some sort of incompatibility.
And as second source of Evil, Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022.

At my device manager I did spot and another funny thing, Microsoft forgot at add digital signature at Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse driver, and the operating system loads the generic HID driver of 2006 as signet one.
I did a logical series of thoughts as troubleshooting, I did force the operating system this to use the REAL new driver at all instances within the Device manager.

Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse this has two instances at the device manager.
a) As mouse device (Microsoft Pro Intellimouse (Mouse and Keyboard Center)
b) As HID Keyboard Device

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 (Mouse and Keyboard Center)
Single instance as Keyboard.

Non of this driver in use corrections helped any, and still at
Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse
b) As HID Keyboard Device
The only available driver this is Microsoft 21/6/2006 driver version 6.1.7601.17514

In conclusion.
While this Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse this is excellent hardware, Microsoft due their own in software sloppy work, this is responsible for MouseKeyboardCenter.exe application crash event at exit.

I have IT training at Windows 2000 server, I did also live long time with Windows XP, I am using windows seven 64bit by choice in the past two years.
Either way,  I have now conclude that:
a) There is no easy fix
b) And Microsoft will never bother to fix it.
Note: Occasionally and when exiting from the software, this as maximized window, this might not crash at exit, but at 95% of times, it will do. 

Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse - PixArt PAW3389PRO-MS 16K Sensor Win7 compatibility
https://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1657.0   

Microsoft always use the same song, when they baptizes one OS as Non supported.
This is well know tactic about them hiding all previously non-solved issues under the carpet.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Faulting module name: Microsoft.MouseKeyboardCenter.Interop.dll
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 11:06:11 AM »
I have some news about Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse software and about of why this crashing so often at Exit.

The idiot's responsible for this software problem, they called NVIDIA.
Since driver version 452.06 and later, NVIDIA this started playing even more with the driver security layer.

In simple English, what ever you see displayed at your screen, this must have compatibility with the current graphic card driver capabilities along NVIDIA's security protocol.
By trial and error (lots of testing), the latest NVIDIA driver (2023) this is the worst, at collaborating with the specific Microsoft software.

Some one he would expect that  Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse 2023 will never have issues with NVIDIA Driver of 2023.
I have no other choice that to announce both brands as morons, because they do not accept customer feedback about Win 7 operating system.

Personally I did step down to NVIDIA 452.06 driver version, the compatibility issue this is now minimized.
Gaming performance of my Graphics card, this did not change.

END OF THE STORY ...

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix