!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: How to delete network profiles (names) Windows 7 ? (solved)  (Read 2431 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This period of time, I were forced to test several VDSL router, and suddenly I did see my Local network name this to change all by it self.
The default description Network, this started to change at:
Network 1,  Network 2,  Network 3 ....

Then I wanted to revert back to Network (name), and the most popular solution in web searches, this is using  Administrative tools -> Local Security policy -> Network List manager policies -> and from there to rename the network name.

Since the beginning of Win 7, Microsoft kept toying around by using of what appears as 2D icon, as this to be another active clickable-link for additional settings.
In the positive side of things, Microsoft it did make the tool that I was looking for, this is named as: Merge or delete network location.    

In my case I am using Work Network (profile) this has a Blue icon, by clicking over the blue icon at (Network and sharing center) you can finally see the available naming options and the tool Merge or delete network location .

At first time which installed Win7, I needed a month of time, so to rediscover of where most important settings has be moved at, because the new and stupid layout (GUI) had broken any compatibility with windows XP.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix