!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: 10-2023 My new Crimping Tool for RJ45/RJ11 UGREEN NW136 70683 Mini Review  (Read 4247 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: 10-2023 My new Crimping Tool for RJ45/RJ11 UGREEN NW136 70683 Mini Review
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2023, 11:08:38 AM »
This is the last part of my mini review.
The actual description or tittle this is: How to elevate UGREEN NW136 build quality at European standards.

a) I did totally dismantle the tool.

b) I did use sandpaper at RJ45 crimp die, all eight pressure points, are now perfectly flat and clean, there is no chance these to cause any uneven pressure point marks over the copper pads of the RJ45 clip.
Crimp dies washed with alcohol, and they were brushed with a tooth brush.

c) Any factory oil (lubrication) this added after tool assembly, all metal joins were dry inside the tool.
EU origin of quality grease now added everywhere and then the tool were assembled piece by piece.

d) Splash of grease added at the entire tool external surface, then this were cleaned by a cloth = additional corrosion protection layer.

e) By simple touching the tool handle I did notice UGREEN logo (white paint) this pealing off and turning in to dust.
I did touch it five times with my fingers, and 90% of the white pounder  this when away ?? , then I gave it a final clean by the use of a dry tooth brush = total removal of any leftovers of the white pounder.

Since today, Tuesday 7 November 2023, this hand-tool its now 100% finished and ready to serve a professional of my class.  8)

Note: UGREEN EU were notified and never respond due email at this incident. 

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2023, 05:15:28 PM »
I think that Kiriakos proven worldwide (for once more time) that he is a REAL maintenance electrician.  ;)

We do not buy hand-tools every single day, and most Pro's expect that their hard earned cash they will end up to a worthwhile investment.
I am truly happy for Kiriakos, because he did succeed to elevate enough the total class of this tool, so now this to be considered as a keeper.  8)

The handle logo now looks much better !!   :)

Note: According to stock images, three major locking E-Clip, they are the ones responsible for keeping major mechanism parts connected, two E-clip for the crimping mechanism, along one E-clip for the handle lever.

Offline overvolt

• Industrial installer Electrician
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2023, 05:47:46 PM »
b) I did use sandpaper at RJ45 crimp die, all eight pressure points, are now perfectly flat and clean, there is no chance these to cause any uneven pressure point marks over the copper pads of the RJ45 clip.
Crimp dies washed with alcohol, and they were brushed with a tooth brush.

I think that this is the most crucial improvement, because now the tool become capable so to deliver a much higher level of confidence.
1) Correct crimping force
2) Undamaged rj45 clip copper pads 

UGREEN succeed to kill any enthusiasm in favor of their OEM logo :P
In the positive side of things, their manufacturing disappointment this is curable by expert eyes and hands.

I am glad that Kiriakos won in this battle too.  ;)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2023, 03:06:27 PM »
Yesterday I did finally use this tool for work.
I did make my two first CAT6 cables for the local LAN.

The crimping was perfect.

The rest of the tasks, they was tricky.
a) With out ratcheting mechanism there is a slight difficulty using this tool so this to cut all eight wires at the correct length for the RJ45 clip.
I ended up using a pair of scissors instead.

b) Lan cable stripping port, this has upper and lower blades.
And therefore you need to perform half rotation of the cable = somewhat at over 180 degrees (180 degree its safe limit and 360 degree this is forbidden)
Double blades for stripping = less cable or tool rotation
Simply because the next unnecessary rotation will harm the insulation of the eight independent wires.

As a closure I will say that UGREEN when away from the ratcheting mechanism with out making this clear to the customer.
A plain spring loaded mechanism this is not easy to handle, you have to develop some sort of skills.
Not all tools come with double stripping blades, if you had previews experience with an other tool, you need to leave it behind and start over by using this specific tool.

Last and very important, avoid long distance purchases, and aim for local dealers, in case that your tool must be replaced.
Do not count at UGREEN EU for after sales support.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix