!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Ideas about upgrading your work bench .  (Read 9212 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Ideas about upgrading your work bench .
« on: December 15, 2012, 10:04:57 PM »
I just found one link from Poland with some nice designs about modern work bench.

Just click on those pdf.  ;)

http://www.ndn.com.pl/index.php?id_dzialu=59&id_firmy=44
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Phyllomedusa

Re: Ideas about upgrading your work bench .
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 10:35:52 AM »
Oh yes the Hera stuff...... Thy are pretty well known here in germany (we had them....much older of course) in our school, too.

Nicely organized and Modular (Powersupplies, Power Sockets, Frames for oscilloscope and so on)...but the stuff is really expensive.
So for your home-lab it's too much I would say.

The manufacturer is here:
http://www.hera.de/index.php?id=&L=1

If I had the space and a lot of money.......well, yes........So I will keep using the kitchen table and so on ;)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »
Well personally it happens to be an all-around handy man,  which translates that I have some basic knowledge and training about working with metal and wood, thanks to my father.

My work bench needs an upgrade, the digital tools become so many, and I need to reorganize everything, plus I need to make some "safe"  space for an oscilloscope (dedicated cabinet on the the bench ).
And I do need some fresh ideas.

After the beginning of 2013 I will start an active planning about the changes that I need.  :) 
But I think that at in the end I will use ideas from those pictures.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

giorgos

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 07:03:25 PM »
Hello Kiriakos, congratulations for your site. Its my first post and I would like to forgive me because my English is not good enough.
About this thread now, very interesting site and also very functional benches.
My home workbench is rather poor , because it is completely hand made. But Im planning to improove it, because as time goes by, the requirements about my job, are getting bigger.
Allow me to post some images from my bench, and I think thats a good idea for any members of this forum to post their pictures from their benches, in order to share ideas and knowledge about workbench manufacturing

Phyllomedusa

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 07:26:59 PM »
@ Kiriakos: I would say DIY ;)!!!!
Saves you a lot of money and you can really build it the way you like or need it to be. Would be my choice as well if I had the space.
Frame made of metal and painted, and the racks/inserts made of Wood. Then painted.....
Sadly enough....we have a welder, a compressor, painting guns, a sandblaster, a soda-blaster, a DIY painting chamber  and at all the stuff....but no space for an Electronics Lab around (my brother occupies every inch in our cellar with spare parts and so on).
Well, in my flat where I stay most times there is really no space in any way for that stuff..... So I have to stay in my backpack and so on ;)

@Giorgos: Your bench is not poor in any way! I really like the work. Organized and clean. Maybe not as fancy as those in the catalogue, but very nice!
I am just missing the safety-off for a proper lab-bench (at least here they are obligatory) ;) http://www.tischer-fahrzeugbau.de/cms/upload/Ersatzteile/Beleucht_und_Elektrik/25-0215_Not-Aus_Taster.jpg

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »
It looks that I am starting to receive some competition about the work bench subject.   ;D

Well this is my cave prior getting involved with multimeter reviews and samples.
23 April 2010. 

Always I was loaded with tools.  ;)

@Giorgos if you use perfect English spelling in this forum you are violating the forum rules  ;D ;D

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 08:16:48 PM »
@ Kiriakos: I would say DIY ;)!!!!
Saves you a lot of money and you can really build it the way you like or need it to be. Would be my choice as well if I had the space.
Frame made of metal and painted, and the racks/inserts made of Wood. Then painted.....
Sadly enough....we have a welder, a compressor, painting guns, a sandblaster, a soda-blaster, a DIY painting chamber  and at all the stuff....but no space for an Electronics Lab around (my brother occupies every inch in our cellar with spare parts and so on).
Well, in my flat where I stay most times there is really no space in any way for that stuff..... So I have to stay in my backpack and so on ;)

welder 35A-135A (real one full copper)
compressor 140 Lts & painting guns too.
DIY painting chamber?  .. my only problem.
And I also have Oxy-Acetylene welding/cutting system.
About wood work I have also lots of power tools.

But the most important in such DIY is the planing on paper, I did it in the past and I will do it again with the help of Coreldraw software.  ;)

giorgos

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 08:06:21 PM »
Im just rated this topic with one star instead for 5 stars by mistake. Please fix it if its possible.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 08:31:22 PM »
Im just rated this topic with one star instead for 5 stars by mistake. Please fix it if its possible.

Not possible, I do not have control about topic rating.
The next vote will balance things up.   :)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 10:23:03 PM »
I have started remodeling my work bench from about end of July, actually I am testing and trying to improve things by moving my equipment around. ;D

I took some pictures to share, for now it looks good, if my personal finance condition improve in the future, I would probably bring in a carpenter so to give me a hand.

giorgos

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 03:41:29 PM »
I realize that my mistake in rating ,was the reason to reactivate this interesting topic ;)
By watching your pictures, I can see that you can raise the level of the right bench to be equal with the other.
By this way you will get an extra storage space (under the right bench) where you can put drawers too.
Also an improvement with low cost is to put shelves placed in adjustable brackets, from edge to edge of bench.
(like this   http://www.shopfittings-ltd.co.uk/acatalog/Twin-Slot-Display.html)
Anyway the final choice is yours , because anyone create his work enviroment according to his preferences .

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 10:05:24 PM »
I am almost ready to follow your advice, after remodeling everything and also after of 24 hours of non stop work (cutting woods, drilling and a bit of painting) I manage to transform this old metallic TV set stand, in to something new. 8)

The results are so great than now I am having space for two additional  8 1/2 digits multimeter  ;D ;D 

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix