!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Act Smart: Battery holder for Four wires measurement - Battery tester accessory  (Read 4101 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Some people and producers of small size Battery tester circuits them capable for Four wires measurement, they now expanded in a small conspiracy so them to further expand their profitability by selling special made battery holders at prices over 10$ its one.

Product design of such battery holders it does vary, but most of them are toys made by PCB or by the use of clear acrylic plastic.
What is more hilarious this is that few people are aware of clear plastic melting temperature, and of how much fragile this is.

This new industry of special battery holders this is created by smart Asian young people, and the idiots whom pay the price of loosing their money will be rest of the world.
Invention of electronic cigarette this boosted demand of battery capacity evaluation for Lithium 18650 to many people whom does not have any tecnical background.
Such people easily fall as victims and waste their money to all sort of gadgets.

I have a tip ( wise suggestion) for people with tecnical background, in the Asian market they are available battery holders for PCB mounting.
There is specific battery holder this able to be connected with soldered wire at its side of battery retention metal contact, and PCB pins these could be used for plain mounting over PCB OR as charging input for the battery.

The selection of preferred way of use of which would be as best connectivity method  (soldered wire at its side of battery retention metal contact)  or ( Use of PCB pins as power leads) this is a choice according to application which this battery will serve at.

For example at High-drain applications, wires soldered at Battery retention contacts, this is recommended to use for 2~4 Ampere.
For Low-drain applications 1.6A and bellow, PCB contact point are safe to use and energy losses these would be minimal.

Application battery accessory

Now that you did gained awareness of such battery holders potentials, now you are ready to spent less, by using their potentials at your own benefit.
What I am going to do this is spending sum of less that two Euro for buying five single battery holders ( here quantity this keeps the cost down) and I am going to use both top and under contact terminals for a pair of High-drain and a pair of sense wires. 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
ITTSB Project - 18650 Battery tester accessory ( 18650 test bed )
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 06:41:49 PM »
This a quick presentation of my own project, this based at this battery holder design at 4x version.  :)

I wanted to have one test bed for capacity testing of new and used 18650, and I made this DIY design.
a) This is able to use simultaneously four 18650 connected in series for DC Load tests (capacity inspection). 
b) By the use of eight switches at my circuitry I am able to charge all four cells by them be connected in parallel.
c) Wiring and switches are capable to handle up to 6~8A with out issues (specific switches has double set of contacts which I did bridge them).

The benefit by adding these eight switches, this is that you do not need any special charger with balance r circuit, in parallel connection changing this easy by any reliable single rail PSU this having CC  ( constant current) mode.

Naturally I could add one Lithium 18650 controller,  but I did made such a power bank at 2014.
Kiriakos New Project: 14.4V 4S 12A Lithium Battery PCB with SII IC

Therefore this is strictly an 18650 test bed.   ;)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix