!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: 2017 - ITTSB project: Assembly of a Variac Powerstat 226U  (Read 29346 times)

Offline giavra

Re: 2017 - ITTSB project: Assembly of a Variac Powerstat 226U
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2017, 08:28:46 AM »

Magnificent work Kyriakos very Glad that this unit is made in Greece

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2017, 09:18:06 AM »
Gentlemen  8) with huge pride I am presenting pictures of what a real professional brush this can do regarding scuff marks removal.
This is 120 Grit and I am after classic aluminum surface ( clean - But not polished to mirror finish ).

This is my Before / After test, and the outcome this is amazing.    ;D

I love this old black decker drill, real monster an undying power drill

Every rechargeable power drill this respecting  rpm limits of drill bits, this is a keeper.  ;) 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2021, 07:04:42 PM »
This is my feedback four years later, so to confirm that at that project, I did not make the slightest mistake regarding components selection.   8)
It feels good today, that those 14086 of topic Views up to date, they are a proof of specific content popularity within time.

The only issue worth reporting, this has to do with the longevity in time of recent made HP print ink supplies, the ink over the label start fading after 7~10 months time.
Despite the fact that I do buy genuine HP products (cartridges) and paper, the issue remain.
Does HP sabotage their own products quality?
Does HP using ECO-friendly but low quality chemistry?
Either way my next printer this will not be an HP one. 

This VARIAC device does not have an expiration date.  :)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: 2017 ~ 2021 - ITTSB project: Assembly of a Variac Powerstat 226U
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2021, 08:51:03 PM »
Today I was have a look of my pictures of this project, them stored at my hard drive.
Two questions seems that they were never answered with enough clarity.

1) What is the manufacturing decade of the Powerstat 226U which I received from Italy?
Due a sticker over it body this mentioning patents and dates,  I can safely assume that this is production of 1972 ~ 1980 especially for export to EU.
The knob shape over my Variac, this is extremely unique

2) The only consumable of this transformer, this is a single carbon brash.
Part description: Superior Electric RB226   

Superior Electric firm in the USA, this is still alive, and I did spot on eBay an Powerstat 226U, this be production of 2015.

I did some thoughts because of the high cost of my project, if it worth having and a spare carbon brash (Superior Electric RB226)?
My transformer came as new (never used) old stock, and up to date, this was never stressed by my hands.
Therefore it is wise of me, so to avoid this unnecessary expense for now.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix