!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: UPS Ablerex Vesta Pro 1500VA, USB for EU - Technical Inspection  (Read 3119 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This is a quick presentation of one Line-interactive UPS this made by Ablerex Taiwan. (Production 2009 and later).

According to Ablerex, VTPro1500 / 900W this is their advanced technological version in comparison to cheapest 1500VA/ 600W.
The PCB include branded Asian semiconductors mixed with Japanese MOSFET. 
Most small electrolytic capacitors are from Luxor.

The UPS has beefy wiring and transformer inside,  but it does missing and active cooling fan.
It accepts 2x 12V 9AH battery (24V system).

Over the product sticker, there is in writing that it deliver output at PF 0.60  (Power factor 0.60)
I take this as indication that the specific factory this is serious, in comparison with Chinese unbranded goods.

Average operating time 30 minutes at 180W load

VTPro1500 includes USB port, and the is also software for it.

Ablerex Taiwan this was invisible to me prior to find this VTPro1500, further research shown that the brand at 2023 this is well networked, EU branch in Italy, USA branch too.   
https://www.ablerex.com.tw/products_4.php?bgid=1&mgid=3&sgid=58
----------------------------------------------------------------

VTPro1500  How to replace the batteries

Due the fact that entire VTPro1500 this has plastic case = several plastic panels forming the case, you need to be careful when dismantle it.
They are two screws at the back (top side), along another two at the front (under the front cover).

How to:  Remove all four screws,  slide the top cover approximately six centimeter at the back (two inches) push it, then slide and or pull-up the front cover.
Top cover includes the PCB along front LED and the power switch, this should be moved back, so the front cover to be free to moved upwards.

---------------------------------------------------------------

At my testing VTPro1500 output was 223V on battery
Batteries charger delivers 1A of current.

I am impressed due the electrical build quality!! and I do plan to keep it as spare at my lab. :)
In a later time with plenty of daylight, I will add some more photographs of it.   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: UPS Ablerex Vesta Pro 1500VA, USB for EU - Technical Inspection
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 06:47:05 PM »
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 04:28:42 PM »
Huge transformer and PCB Details ...

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 04:45:27 PM »
Quick output / input test.

In conclusion, Vesta Pro 1500VA it might not designed to output a perfect sine-wave, but it good build quality this is visible.
It will not blow at your face within an emergency.  :)

It needs 12V 9AH ,  and not the most common 12V 7AH.
While battery dimension of 7AH and 9AH are identical, two 9AH = 18AH 24V

You can expect  30 minutes warranted delivery of power at workstation PC this performing internet browsing or regular tasks.
The cheapest UPS in the market with the worst power efficiency these are know as 10 minutes max backup power.

Vesta Pro 1500VA (900W) and or similar and fresher units, these are today at the price point of 160 EUR retail.
APC units come at triple the price.

For the adventurous using UPS inverter with external batteries, they should stop thinking to use any UPS this not including active cooling. 
------------------------------------------------
 Vesta Pro 1500VA (900W): Improved efficiency,  not perfect sine-wave,  I would trust to connect to it workstation with 650W PSU along PC screen. 

Offline overvolt

• Industrial installer Electrician
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2023, 10:16:38 AM »
This is another one of the products, that it (BETTER) build quality can be verified only after taking it apart. :)

Thanks for the detailed presentation !

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2023, 12:21:36 AM »
Yesterday I was testing UPS output with one 25W indoor cooling fan.
The AC motor did not liked at all the fake - sinusoidal voltage,  the AC fan lost about 30% of rotation speed in comparison to voltage thru mains ( Perfect AC ).
 ;)

I wish to thanks Mr. Tommaso olivotti  ( Ablerex EU Italy ) for verifying to me that I do have the latest software version !! 

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix