!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

ITTSB Blog Specific > ITTSB General Discussion

8-2019 Telescope Restoration of 1994: BRESSER - Lunar - OPTIK - Tchibo 60-700mm

<< < (2/2)

Kiriakos GR:
At such products, only visual comparison, it can involve lots of trickery, simply because first thing copied by the industry of China, this is ODM product appearance.
Therefore I decided to take this scope apart again, this time to record on pictures it design and parts in use, so this topic to deliver educational benefits too.

While all parts they are intact, and the 18 years of it age they did leave their mark, I did notice that the external lens (achromatic lens system, two lens divided by spacer) this has a yellowish tint, and now I am speculating that this is it coating.

Generally speaking, product assembly and construction quality does not justify bragging rights.
Even so the lens are true glass, the body aluminum, the focuser made of plastic but it gears they are good as new.
I did clean the gears from old grease and added a fresh layer.

So here it is: BRESSER made in 2001 anatomy for your eyes only !  :)

Kiriakos GR:
I did feel as cheated by discovering from a 1973 Japanese product catalog, that simple yoke mount (over a tripod) this is recommended only for binoculars with no more 50X magnification.

Spesific 60dia 60-700mm  telescope this has usable range of magnification from 35 to 175X, therefore with out a Slow motion controls rod it is impossible to have a positive experience with it.
There is a conspiracy at telescope accessories world, this Slow motion controls rod it is not sold anywhere.

I did not had other options than to activate the machinist in me.  ;)

My very own Slow motion adjustment wheel this is able alone to move 45 degrees up from horizontal position.
In order to move another 45 degrees, you simply readjust the rod lock mechanism.
Both points at the sides of the rod they have a friction-free swing motion. 

I am not going to deliver any precise How To,  any smart machinist he gets the idea only by these pictures.

Kiriakos GR:
I was not expect that ! 8)

Even BRESSER from Germany send me their positive vibes today! (after seeing pictures of my own design of Slow motion controls rod).
I suppose that major trigger for such a respond this is my level of insistence so to turn this telescope useful again.  ;) 

Kiriakos GR:
Today I am in celebration mode  :) 
Vast majority of missing accessories arrived,  three eyepieces these serving  for different magnification of the target.
An 90 degree mirror (diagonal) for visual quality comparisons VS the more expensive 90 degree prism.

I was had to reinvent the wheel and create a DIY cover for the objective lens.

Rubber pads at wooden legs replaced by new!

I did also discover Flocking (Flocking is the process of depositing many small fiber particles (called flock) onto a surface.
Black velvet paper was installed inside the tube, for elimination of reflected light due the tube wall.

Last step of restoration progress this is restoring the missing label, and the identity of my vintage telescope.  :)

Currently not here the red-dot finder-scope, and few other step-up rings which these will help to rebuild the missing eyepiece holder tube of this expensive 90 degree prism.
I am currently able to review the moon but not to aim the stars  ;D 8)

Kiriakos GR:
With lots of patience and a few calculations, I did manage to find the best DIY method and now my 90 degree prism this is also as: Good as NEW !
In the positive side of things, I did use other parts than cannibalizing the new 90 degree mirror star-diagonal.    8)

I did manage to find pictures of similar design, and to decode and discover the actual dimensions of the missing part.
Now I am leaving my pictures to do the talking.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version