!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Keysight released U1240C and U1280 New throwaway DMM product series  (Read 4647 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
At April 2011 Agilent released U1272A multimeter, definably this product series even today I do consider it as gifted.
But even by my own product review, Agilent this was notified that customers expectation this is to be availability of parts for an extended period so professional troubleshooters to gain trust in favor of the product and the brand.
One period of 10 Years regarding parts and repairs this it does considered sufficient in our days.

Somewhere in 2013 which was the year that first warranties of U1272A started expiring, Agilent stuff started saying to customers that U1272A and U1273A them are throwaway product, no Per Incident repairs available.
Within 2014 this new formed Keysight (Agilent) kept the same policy and definably lost any remaining shine as serious vendor who stands behind their products.

Personally I did become a witness of such public complains which most were posted at EEV Blog and also at Agilent/Keysight  forums. 

Regarding those new released U1240C and U1280 I did an five hours study and both looking as a new far expensive set of throwaway DMM product series.
Several corners have be cut compared to U1270 series,  Low Pass filter specification neither this seems correctly designed,  weak LCD back-light,  internal menu settings interface this seems more difficult to setup.
IP67 seems to be the only innovation for Keysight as they did not have previously such a product.
From the other hand the price point of those DMM among with several also overpriced accessories makes me think that Keysight looking for customers with large wallets and no personal opinion.

Keysight seems to do anything in their power about destroying their own reputation, and to discourage new customers, and especially freelancers which them are harder to please.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

gameru

Re: Keysight released U1240C and U1280 New throwaway DMM product series
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 09:23:50 PM »
After they read those from Keysight what did you write,i do not think that this time you will receive a sample.
I would like to be more people honest like you.
I appreciate what you said.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Keysight released U1240C and U1280 New throwaway DMM product series
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 10:24:45 PM »
ITTSB Blog this started because of one marketing director within Agilent in USA, him awaken my own curiosity so me to start exploring in the direction of test and measurement industry.
And I started this journey as pupil who shown major respect to all sources offering such specialized knowledge.

Agilent received tremendous marketing  boost over the years from my Blog, until the time that they changed their music.
Above of anything I am consumer too, and I do dislike their new music.

I never cared about samples, all that I do care, is me to participate in cycles with sincere and willing to welcome me, people.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix