!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: APC Smart UPS SMC1500I VS SMC1500IC - Product differences  (Read 2739 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
APC Smart UPS SMC1500I VS SMC1500IC - Product differences
« on: November 17, 2021, 11:20:42 AM »
Today I did a dive in to APC product specifications, as it seems that my SMC1500I this is not listed any more at APC  Greece authorized distributors.

SMC1500I this has product release date of 11/2013, distribution started at 2014.
SMC1500IC this has product release date of 5/2018, distribution started at 2018~19.

Both products appearance and technical specifications they are identical, other than the addition of a LAN port at the newer SMC1500IC

Speaking of sanity check, it would make more sense, if APC this using instead the naming of SMC1500IL (with LAN).

Manufacturing recipe I do assume that this stays the same.
Product manufacturing = Philippines
Battery pack = 2x 12AH Vietnam
Inverter filtering transformer = China
DC fan 24V  =  China
Electrolytic capacitors = Panasonic + others of unknown Asian brand.
Build quality = at above average

Tip for UPS repairman: SMC1500I / SMC1500IC, you may extend run-time by using instead of 2x 12AH,  2x 18AH.
Internal battery area, side plates they can get removed, small modification at battery connectors required.   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix