!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Firefox 90 How to Import Login Passwords from a file back to Firefox  (Read 3031 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Firefox 56.0 was the last version that a user, had full control over FIREFOX backup and restore of passwords and bookmarks.
End of 2021, modern scrips at several websites they can not be understood any more by FF 56.0  and I were forced to upgrade at FF 91.4.1 ESR.

And I made the discovery, that Mozilla software team they have disabled the function of Import Login Passwords from logins.csv file back to browser.
I do not know if I become that old fashion so to hate all on-line sync tools, but I do not trust them and I do hate them.

It appears that since FF 80.0, Import Login Passwords from a CSV file this was added (year 2020), and then it was disabled due some sort of bug when a user imports a huge amount of passwords,  this was causing FF to crash.

THE GOOD NEWS, even at FF 90 + versions, this useful tool it is still there but hidden from the naked eye.  :)

Enable Import From A File Option In Firefox
Step 1: Launch Firefox and type about:config

Step 2: Paste the following preference name in the “search preference name” box and press the Enter. signon.management.page.fileImport.enabled

Step 3: change from disabled, this feature to enabled due the function selector button (right end).  8) 

This is it !! 
FF team gained lots of hate from old FF users over the years, because they were after controlling of what an FF user will be capable to do and or not do anymore.
They crippled every password manager Add-on, they closed their ears at people complains, they lost old friends and sponsors.

Somehow my smile this has recovered by discovering that there is such a fix.
I wish to backup and restore my bookmarks and passwords, at few PC within my LAN.
While I am now forced to use the latest FF, at least I gained back some taken away functionality.

Note: If you upgrade from FF 56 (Quantum) to FF 90+ ,  old stored passwords they are retained but does not appear at the FF 90+ password list.
For max Safety, you need to perform few steps.
a) Store at least one fresh password.
b) Use FF option this to delete entire list of old passwords.
All older stored passwords due FF 56 (Quantum) they will be deleted too.

Use this tool so to discover if they are older invisible passwords at your FF profile / password list.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/passwordfox.html  (ZIP software needs a password, this is offered at the download page) 

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
Re: Firefox 90 How to Import Login Passwords from a file back to Firefox
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 11:01:25 PM »
Interesting discovery !!
Good to know.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Firefox 90 How to Import Login Passwords from a file back to Firefox
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 03:29:13 PM »
Here is and another discovery  :)   Firefox it does support bookmark search, but it does not show the folder name which contains the saved bookmark.

Search for both bookmarks and folders. Find exact location in bookmark tree (show parent folder, go parent folder).
Bookmark search plus 2

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bookmark-search-plus-2/
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Firefox 90 up to ver 100, Tips for you how of how to be the Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 10:33:11 AM »
Firefox this succeed today to make me mad for another one time.

Since Firefox 90 ESR, I did aloud it this to upgrade up to 100 version, as there was not any notable differences.
But a new pile of annoyances started to grow.

I came to a point that:
a) I could not copy / paste text due right click at several web forms = Now this action is blocked.
b) I wanted to follow and download PDF file link.... new warnings appear ... document unsafe ... next option was me to select manually override of the false alert and get the file.
c) Firefox started to insist this to become my DEFAULT PDF Reader, and I had to manually adjust again relative settings.
d) The most GREATER annoyance of all  you cannot downgrade Firefox version, and use you own user profile = forbidden action = New pop-up nag menu this forcing you to start a new BLANK profile.
e)  The function for you to select your older user profile as Default it is there, but if you do so, Firefox does not start-up, pop-up nag menu this forcing you to start a new BLANK profile this appears again.   

Workaround actions:
1) Install again latest Firefox.
2) Create file backup of your Bookmarks (due Firefox bookmarks manager)  bookmarks.json, save it at new folder USER-Name/desktop/FF backup. 
3) Create file backup of your passwords (due Firefox password manager) = save file to xxx.CSV, save it at new folder USER-Name/desktop/FF backup.

4) Visit this link = Download Disable Firefox Updates = https://winaero.com/download-disable-firefox-updates/

5) Now install latest Free version of Revo Uninstaller
Use it so to uninstall Firefox, and pay attention at advanced settings, so to get deleted all traces of Firefox installation, all folders and registry keys.

6) Reboot the PC,  and use Windows search toolbar at C: Drive, type Firefox, and leave it scan for any folder this named as Firefox.
If you do find any folders? delete them.

7) Turn off your Network adapter or WiFi, and install your older version of Firefox. ( I got further back at 91.0.1 ESR). 

8 ) Activate again Firefox feature of Password manager, do all steps as is written at first post of this article.

9) At your NEW FF profile, now restore bookmark and password backup. (due Firefox bookmarks manager) & (due Firefox password manager)

10) Load at system Registry the REG file = Disable Firefox Updates

11) Uninstall Firefox maintenance service (control panel> Windows Add/Remove software) 

12) Activate Network adapter or WiFi = aloud internet access.

Additional recommendations 

1) How to Set RAM Cache in Firefox = disable disk cache

a) Open Firefox and type "about:config" (without quotes)
b) Find the entry entitled "browser.cache.disk.enable" in the main display area of the browser below the Search field and double-click it to change the value to false.

2) How to Disable Telemetry Data Collection on Firefox
Open Firefox and in the address bar type about:config
Search for toolkit.telemetry.server, double-click on it and delete the value (web address text) of the server

ITTSB.EU - FF recommended Plug-in for safe browsing and productivity.

AdBlocker Ultimate
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblocker-ultimate/

Bookmark search plus 2
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bookmark-search-plus-2/

Copy PlainText
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/copy-plaintext/

Startpage — Private Search Engine
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/startpage-private-search/

F.B. Purity cleans up and customises Facebook, letting you filter out the junk you don't want to see
https://www.fbpurity.com/

Greek users they should also install Greek spellchecking dictionary
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greek-spellchecking-dictionary/

========================================================
Now feel free to navigate at your favorite web sites,  so all bookmarks to renew their icons.
You may also access FF, Help, About, and see the version of your Firefox, and there is no fear that any automatic download will be scheduled as update. 

I am using internet for 30 years up to date, by me using the above or similar web browser configuration, and by not be tempted to access the dark-web, my PC this is always CLEAN and SAFE.
If you are young and inexperienced of Windows PC Computer administration, you better stick to all latest versions by the hope that some risks will be limited automatically.

We, PC computers administration experts, we are well aware, that 95% of FF updates per version, they are relative to improved user activity tracking due marketing brands and organizations.
They update FF code, and help Facebook and others so to better keep track of users activity.

In conclusion. 

No one will forbid or restrict me, about me using the web-browser-version, which I do also approve as best.
No one has the right to fill up my web browser with silly limitations and nag warning messages, with out me be 100% notified prior any new version install (upgrades).
No one, will change the color and the location of functions (menu) that I am using is a web browser.
I am not Firefox browser beta-tester.

It is unfortunate that the MORONS at Firefox, Management and software developers, they do what ever they like (changes), by not respecting any more the opinion of the users.         
And so I were forced to fortify my self behind an older FF version, which this is now usable at serving my daily productivity, with out of me to afraid of new unwanted surprises. 

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Facebook messenger does not work with Firefox ... Solution 2023
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 05:37:08 PM »
Beginning of July 2023, Facebook decided to fiddle with the graphic environment (appearance) of Messenger panel.
Suddenly by the use of Firefox 91 esr, the browser window this appeared as crippled.

From top to bottom of the screen only 25% of Facebook messenger content was available.
The rest of the screen (75%) was simply white.

I did make a complete OS full backup and proceed to install latest 115.1.0esr   1 August 2023 = problem solved.
For the ones worry of security holes,  115.1.0esr this is freshly patched, but they are few reports that the browser its slightly unstable.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix