!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: FLUKE-8842A bench-top VS Agilent U1273A HH there is no winner LOL  (Read 8704 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
I got in my hands today an FLUKE-8842A so to play with it for few days.

I am currently monitoring the charge level of my fresh repaired FLUKE 8050A, and I am using both channels of my scope so to monitor the two in series battery packs. 

Fresh arrival is also my special impedance converter from 1 M Ohm probes to 10 M Ohm that is the impedance of multimeters. 

By just disconnecting the probe from the scope and by connecting the impedance adapter plus by feeding them both with DC, I got this nice numbers which worth to be shared as pictures.  ;D

My only complain or point of criticism for this FLUKE meter it is longer than a train.  ;)

Enjoy! 

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Now that I have such amount of counts in my disposal, I thought it as good opportunity to test my DC reference source of my decade resistors box, which I made three years back.

In the cold days of winder I am getting 10.000 V and in the summer 10.001 V.
With this meter I can see and believe what is behind this fifth digit.  :)

http://www.ittsb.eu/Kiriakos%20Decade%20Resistors%20Box.html

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

BillyD

I got in my hands today an FLUKE-8842A so to play with it for few days.

My only complain or point of criticism for this FLUKE meter it is longer than a train.  ;)

Yes that describes it perfectly - in fact it almost needs a beeper for reversing! Got one for a good price recently on Ebay, although without the AC RMS option. It's got great high impedance on the voltage measurement, 4 wire ohms measurement, and a great display. But can barely fit on my table. Nice piece of equipment though, really like it.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Neither the one that I had the chance to play with, had the AC RMS option.
One of the enjoyable features is the selectable measurements per second speed,
Low/  or Normal/ looks usable, but at Fast/  the digits updating speed causes you dizziness.  :)

Offline giavra

Re: FLUKE-8842A bench-top VS Agilent U1273A HH there is no winner LOL
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 09:26:10 PM »
Amazing how close measurement is Agilent to Fluke.  :)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: FLUKE-8842A bench-top VS Agilent U1273A HH there is no winner LOL
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 09:35:25 PM »
Yes the extra stability over time is the benefits of surface mount technology.
The downside is poor tolerance in case of an accident, the chances for the meter to be repaired is less than 15%.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix