!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Three good points in favor of analog multimeter since 1981  (Read 64 times)

Offline overvolt

• Industrial installer Electrician
  • Global Moderator
Three good points in favor of analog multimeter since 1981
« on: April 06, 2024, 07:53:16 PM »
I just read an old publication (electronics magazine) of 1981, and I did discover an interesting article, which I decided to share few key points with all ITTSB visitors.
Back then the battle of choice about digital VS analog multimeter, this was No1 topic between serviceman.
And bellow are three best applications so to use a high quality analog multimeter instead of a digital.

• With voltages which are unstable or swinging at very low frequencies, analog meters can display the fluctuation direct­ly, which is particularly helpful when faced with intermittent faults.
Digital readouts in these circumstances are much less meaningful. 

• Analog meters, with their lower im­pedance are less likely to produce misleading readings due to the influence of capacitive paths.

• Analog meters are much more prac­tical when it comes to measuring leakage paths in a servicing situation.

Presentation Vintage Industrial multimeter BBC Goerz Metrawatt MA4 S
https://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=569.0

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix