!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: How to make your own capacitor for 100nF multimeter range testing  (Read 3441 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This is a tip for making your own 1nF capacitor if you wish to test calibration of lowest measuring range regarding capacitance in your DMM.

In case that you own HIOKI DT4282 or Keysight U1272A which both have rich display resolution, if you connect over they input one Pomona 2BC-36 cable assembly, then you may expect a measurement of 0.8nF to 1.1nF .
Such min-max (tolerance) this is a proof that your meter this is well calibrated.

2BC-36 cable assembly this is no other than two double banana plugs and RG58 at a length of 91.5 cm.
https://www.pomonaelectronics.com/products/cables/coaxial-and-rf-cables/double-banana-plugs-rg58cu
Now instead buying such cable assembly you may consider making your own.

Parts that you may seek alternatively this is a double banana to BNC and one BNC to BNC (RG58) cable no longer than 90cm.

I did run this test today and I discovered that my HIOKI DT4282 this does one ultra fast measurement compared to U1272A which requiring 7~8 second so measurement to stabilize on screen.
Just for the fun of it I did test also Fluke 28II, and I did rediscover for once more time that this does not have necessary screen resolution for this job.  :)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix