!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: KEYSIGHT U1272A EMC replacement - Exchange program EU 2017  (Read 4405 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
KEYSIGHT U1272A EMC replacement - Exchange program EU 2017
« on: January 31, 2017, 11:51:28 AM »
Special procedure RMA for ITTSB Blog and old samples of U1272A & U1273A.
I did a choice for 2X U1272A instead, both of New re manufactured versions.

KEYSIGHT it did respond in my request (due their website request form) so and me to receive those new re manufactured versions of U1270A series.
New revision has fixed EMC issue.

I did the suggestion to KEYSIGHT (Germany) so me to accept two U1272A instead of another U1273A.
And they did accept.

I have two words to say, OLED display never win my trust compared to liquid crystal speaking of life cycle over the years.
As second I will say that I am thankful to Keysight because due this EMC issue I did gained the opportunity by this exchange program, so me to get two U1272A DMM which even up to date, this is among my most favorite DMM's for special missions.

U1272A this is a DMM that moves in both worlds of electrical and electronics,  among it strongest points this is sensitivity equal to Oscilloscope in AC/DC volt measurements of SMPS power supply.
Only U1272A and HIOKI DT4282 can be used reliably for ripple measurements from a few mV up to several volts.

Good quality multimeter for electrical use I have plenty, and this is mainly the reason that I did not request a model from U1280 Series Handheld Digital Multimeters.
Neither I liked the fact that display counts of 50.000 this is not constant and the meter switches to lower display counts in some ranges.

KEYSIGHT U1272A EMC replacement - exchange program EU
KEYSIGHT (Germany) sends me two meters (no accessories), and prepaid shipping labels for the return journey.
In those white envelops there is inside also calibration certificates.

I got some pictures to share with ITTSB Blog readers.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: KEYSIGHT U1272A EMC replacement - Exchange program EU 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 09:30:04 PM »
Prior shipping back the old meters, I thought to take some pictures ( calibration verification)  :)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: KEYSIGHT U1272A EMC replacement - Exchange program EU 2017
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 07:17:12 PM »
In my recent login at my Keysight account, I found that at 13 February 2017 Keysight uploaded their :
Modification Recommended Service Note

Document name :  U1272A-07.pdf 

The Problem –Interference observed in the DC current measurement below 80MHz environment

U1272 2 A Handheld Digital Multimeter
Serial Numbers: MY00000000 / MY56999999

Registered DMM owners will have to use Keysight Infoline page, and there they will find this file, among with downloadable PDF of calibration report which was shipped with their DMM.
I did download calibration report of my two (new) replacement multimeter.
Additionally you may download Customer Service Report file as souvenir (available to ones performed product exchange ). 

Keysight told me that replacement meters they would have 3 months warranty period, but they did not pass this information at their website, in other words both U1272A they look as not covered by any warranty at Keysight Infoline page. 

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix