!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: APC UPS outlet group status - outlet control - explained  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
APC UPS outlet group status - outlet control - explained
« on: November 18, 2021, 10:03:29 AM »
Since the year 2013, APC decided to introduce outlet control (On/Off) at their UPS products, the theory this is based at switching off, entire set of appliances when an office this is closed, for max savings regarding wasted power this consumed as Stand-by power.

Alternative product and theory, this is add-on plug-in to wall plug, single Mains outlet this be remotely controlled and or software controlled due a timer.
An electrical relay will do the switching (an power switch).

Past week, I did take apart my SMC1500I for internal dust cleaning and inspection.
In my surprise, both pairs, sum of eight outlets they are wired internally as to be an single outlet.

From the other hand, PowerChute Business Edition software, this appears to offer options for precise control for outlet and pairs, but at my UPS, only available Group control choice this is  On/Off.

Long story in sort, SMC model this does not support individual group control, eight outlets they are in group of four plus four, but this is only in appearance at the back plate of the UPS.
The downside?  Your expectation to divide loads at two group, one this allowed to be switched off at night, and a second this not allowed to be switched off, this it can not be executed by the UPS.

Bug discovery: the command for outlet group to be turned back on, this activates UPS self-test its and every time.  :P

What are the features of the switched outlet groups on my SMT, SMX, or SRT Smart-UPS?
https://www.apc.com/eg/en/faqs/FA374761/
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix