!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Components Testers: LCR Meter | Function generators | Programmable DC Electronic Load > Digital load DC / AC

Mini Review of ZHIYU ZPB30A1 110W DC Load 0-30V at ITTSB Blog

<< < (2/7) > >>

Kiriakos GR:
I am good at search and destroy  ;D 8)

ZHIYU this is actually a maker (individual) selling his goods due Taobao (Chinese e-shop engine)
He does this job for sever years ( 2010~2017).

ZPB30A1 60/110W home page :  https://world.taobao.com/item/40366570328.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-1824672704.35.66c81f35RbAuvr

New ZPB30A2 this is dedicated to battery discharge 20V 20A 100W and includes internal battery resistance measurement mode.
https://world.taobao.com/item/550235620115.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-1824672704.80.66c81f35RbAuvr

ZPB30A2 externally looks close to identical with ZPB30A1 , but the magic this is inside the firmware.

Speaking of firmware this maker it is smart,  according to warranty policy, this device (control chip) has internal counter of firmware uploads.
This translates no warranty coverage if cause of damage this is due your toying with the firmware.

Now few important tips:

1) ZHIYU this selling 12V 1A PSU for this Kit.

I am now thinking to buy and a second unit, for running tests (benchmarks) simultaneously.
This translates that two of such units they will need  12V 2A.

2) Regarding enclosures for ZPB30A1 and especially for 110W version, use of plastic material this is forbidden.
Imagine one 100W light bulb enclosed in to plastic box, they are significant chances this to melt (dis-form).

Therefore for a single or two 110W units, enclosure this must be aluminum ( metal construction ).
Aluminum or metal enclosure, this must have equal characteristics speaking of ventilation to product design of sound amplifier 2x150W.

3) I also discover part name and picture of this two pole connector for battery voltage monitor (sense volts) .
XH2.54-2P   

Kiriakos GR:
Unboxing today of those low cost 90mm Kelvin type battery clips.  ;)
I am happy that I spotted them even if they are not marketed as Kelvin but they are.

Build quality it is not bad, neither fantastic.
There is no branding over them, springs are very tight (lots of force), for charging up to 25A or discharging a battery they look as good enough.   

Kiriakos GR:
Here it is another step of progress speaking of Kelvin Clips for battery testing and capacity benchmarks.

My DC load this is still on mail after 34 days, even so I thought to finish the construction of the high power cables.
As you can see from the pictures, there is no major degree of difficulty. ;)

Kiriakos GR:
Good news after all, my load this shown at the Greek borders today after 38 days of inactive tracking code, therefore it is not lost, but delivery will take more time.

Now my eye caught few details regarding heat-sink and weight, and I did one first research.

110W model this comes with heat-sink of 100 grams more weight than 60W version.
60W: 170g
110W: 270g

100 grams of additional aluminum this is allot of metal, and also allot more surface speaking of Air-cooling.

According to stock pictures 110W heat-sink this looks to be:
a)  68mm  Wide
b)  Plus 10mm taller   (77 mm VS 57 mm (60W)
c)  Plus  10mm more depth  than 60W version 

Sum of those differences translates to:
1) heat-sink close to double cooling capacity than 60W
2) New cooling fan looks to be 60x60x2.5 
Very few people are aware that at identical rpm (5500), one 60x60x25 will deliver double CMF compared to 50x50x20 mm  at the cost of 10 additional dB-A of higher noise (42.5 dB-A VS 32 dB-A).

These are impressive details , and I take few pictures for comparison purposes.

Personally I have two important questions waiting to be answered, and these are what Mosfet part code my load will come with?  And also to find out more details of electric fan (product model) and real specifications. 
If this comes with out labels ( everything is possible) I can and will measure rpm speed with my tool.
Digital Tachometer DT-2234C+ / Presentation & Testing

Kiriakos GR:
One of my goals this is to create a proper enclosure for this 110W load,  many people forget that electronic load this is not a fancy toy, this is electronic device mainly producing HEAT lots of HEAT.

Enclosure size and type, and amount of ventilation all are very critical factors.

I did spotted over the internet some FAIL ideas and I thought to share them so if there is any smart people out there, to avoid them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version