!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Reasonably priced 12 bit oscilloscope what are my options within 2023?  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
Is there such a thing as reasonably priced 12 bit oscilloscope 350MHz two channels ?
A brands they selling them at equal price of a used car (models made within past three years).
B brands they do list some models, but there is no product reviews about them.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Reasonably priced 12 bit oscilloscope what are my options within 2023?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 10:07:45 PM »
The market of 12 bit oscilloscope this period of time, this is equal to heavy fog.

I am also monitor all press releases and relative announcements.
From the B brands I have in blacklist RIGOL and SIGLENT.
GW Instek does not have any.

Its true there is no product reviews, because most brands they are in denial to give samples.
Consumers are not willing to do experiments with their own money, especially when we have now many recorded incidents of bad apples (unfinished products sold) with poor technical support.
It does makes you wonder of how much man power has RIGOL and SIGLENT speaking of engineers?

Keysight, Tektronix along Rohde & Schwarz, they have larger number of engineers in their disposal.
GW Instek has a medium to small number of engineers, but they do not sell unfinished products.   

In the end of the day, all consumers wish for reasonably priced 12 bit oscilloscope and bugs free.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Andrew-88

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 02:21:06 PM »
The ones following your work closely, they are aware that your opinion it has nothing to do with hot burst exaggerations.  ;)

I did some research of my own too,  its hard to define base unit pricing.
For example one scope might appear as reasonably priced, but bandwidth expansion license it might be unreasonably priced.
Power analysis license, this could also be unreasonably priced.   

I care for one solution that it will not be obsolete within next ten years.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 04:56:13 PM »
I have a new pack of thoughts as notes for anyone interested to get a 12 bit oscilloscope.

a) 12 bit ADC this increases the ability of the oscilloscope for signals review at a finer detail at lower frequencies (bandwidth) only.
Power analysis this benefits more than any other electrical application.

b) 12 bit oscilloscope along the supplied 10X probe this is a very basic setup.
Signal review and signal amplitude and frequency measurement and nothing else.

c) 12 bit oscilloscope when this is combined with low-cost differential voltage and current probe this is equal to 8 bit scope.
Both probes they should be of high retail value, so them to shine at 12 bit ADC.

b) In order to test 12 bit oscilloscope performance due signal generator this should have also 12 bit resolution.
Any 12 bit oscilloscope product review this executed with out 12 bit signal generator, this should be classified as a bad joke.

All Oscilloscope brands, have their very own strategy for marketing and sales.
I have now proofs, that 90% of Oscilloscope brands, they are totally inexperienced with the application of power analysis at 50~60Hz.
They sell oscilloscopes by thinking of them as general purpose items. 

Second group of brands, are the ones with electrical power analysis in primary focus, and they offer relative products (they have the most experienced electricians engineers in their team).

Third group of brands, are the ones competing about product solutions at highest bandwidth applications (they have the most experienced electronics engineers in their team).

Fourth group of brands, are the ones within mainland China, general purpose budged price oscilloscopes. 

In conclusion, first of all we select group of brands them making relative products for our pack of applications.
Then we compare apples to apples, prior making our choice.

Signed: Kiriakos Triantafillou  :)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Andrew-88

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2022, 02:17:57 PM »
Got it, I will simply wait as you do, until the fog this to clear. :)

What about IWATSU?  (any thoughts)

Online overvolt

• Industrial installer Electrician
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2022, 02:32:50 PM »
Fourth group of brands, are the ones within mainland China, general purpose budged price oscilloscopes. 

The ones still experimenting of how to build oscilloscopes with out using any imported components  ;D
At least they did succeed any take apart video (YouTube)  this to look more boring than before. :P

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2022, 03:26:55 PM »
Got it, I will simply wait as you do, until the fog this to clear. :)

What about IWATSU?  (any thoughts)

Within the past ten years, they do not do any marketing and promotion in favor of their oscilloscopes.
Neither within Japan, and neither worldwide.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix