!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Siglent CP6030 - CP6000 series oscilloscope current probe noise specification?  (Read 2115 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
You will not find here about Siglent CP6030 noise specification.

Because the real manufacturer in China  http://www.cybertek.cn/channel/155 DOES NOT deliver any.
And Siglent its so smart, that did not request any in-depth specifications.   :P

https://res.cloudinary.com/iwh/image/upload/q_auto,g_center/assets/1/26/Siglent_CP6030A_Manual.pdf

Now I have a bed time story for you, at about ten years ago,  the Japanese industry this developing power analyzer units, they faced first the challenge of measuring low-current at switching power supply.
AC current waveform this contain small portion of switching noise at low current 1mA ~ 1A, but the biggest enemy its the noise of the current probe at it signal amplifier.
So the Japanese they did develop first 5A current probe with signal amplifier (output) at 1 Volt per 1 Ampere ( 1V/1A), at such high output all oscilloscope screens they deliver clean waveform representation.
This technology it is still around us and these are the overpriced current probes sold at the price range of 3500 ~ 5.500 EUR.

Cybertek in China at 2019 they succeed making an Chinese clone of the Japanese probe, all electronic parts in use supplied from their domestic market.
How well this clone compares with the Japanese prototype?  this is unknown.

The Japanese they did several steps of progress, from past decade until this one, they did develop even more sensitive probe and powerful amplifier, low range this is now 0.5A, second range 5A and third range 30A.
The application of mobile phone and chargers consumption, this motivated them and so they did make the necessary tools.
I am writing the word ... Japanese industry instead of a brand, because I am sensing that this is work of collaboration.

The funny thing is that Cybertek while does not inform of any probe noise specification, they do list their best product at 2200 USD --> HCP8000 series high frequency current probe (DC/AC)
Siglent add 1000 Euro on top, and selling them at 3200 Euro.

Naturally right now I am aware of much more, but my rule this is to deliver on-line only the 25% of the entire story. ;)   

My golden advice, do not even think to buy such a probe, until this be reviewed in direct comparison with the Japanese probes, which their electrical specification they are known in full, and they are widely available. 

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix