!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: DVB-T DIGITALBOX HDT-380 digital tuner (inside view / electronics )  (Read 5887 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Recently Greece changed their TV broadcast system to digital.
The solution for a TV set with analogue tuner is the addition of an external digital tuner as the one bellow.

This tuner has no major issues other than at every channel change the picture needs two seconds to synchronize with the sound.
In those two seconds the picture seems as in slow motion.

The Greek distributor of those no-name products seem unable to supply any firmware update and all that it does is trying to convince his customers that this is normal.

What I did by sacrificing the 5 years warranty shield was to have a look of this tuner internals, so to discover the true manufacturer of it.
Unfortunately there are no indications or clue of who made it, my advice to other consumers is to not follow my example.
What I would suggest if you are unhappy with such a product is to return it and get your money back.

In my case this tuner has no serious issues and I can almost ignore the problem.
Either way, bellow is pictures of this tuner internal world.
It build quality is not bad, and this is good news.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

giorgos

Re: DVB-T DIGITALBOX HDT-380 digital tuner (inside view / electronics )
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 10:46:30 AM »
According to my experience as DVBT has already in Athens for many years, all (20-30 euro) recievers are rather same.
I can imagine that when the analog switch off , was take place in Volos, there must was problems in market ,regarding availability and price.
In Athens when was the switch off, i remember that many stores had run out of recievers, and others had raised prices too. But I had take care to buy a reciever before analog switch off ;)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: DVB-T DIGITALBOX HDT-380 digital tuner (inside view / electronics )
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 11:07:16 AM »
At the time of analog switch off I won an PHILIPS 25" from a neighbor, he got a fresh TV instead getting the receiver.

This old PHILIPS 25" was in the bedroom and had very few operation hours over it, the tube is delivering a sparkling clean picture.
Getting an receiver after receiving this still valuable gift, was as to be a chain reaction. :)

My small disappointment about the receiver goes to the fact that I would expect it to be as fast at switching channels as most modern televisions do.
What I was not prepared, is to settle for less by buying a receiver build after 2012 = a modern one..

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix