!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Windows 7: Creative X-FI Music How-to install year 2019 latest Driver & Software  (Read 3206 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Creative X-FI Music , this is not a simple sound card to me, but a piece of long lasting innovation.  :)

Latest official driver for Win 7 64bit , this were released at 2014.
Since then and after Creative corporation it did followed Microsoft advice to leave behind any further drivers development for Win 7 OS.

This period of summer time, and after several recent hardware component upgrades, I did decide to install a fresh copy of my Win 7 Pro 64 Bit retail edition.
Such an action this is always painful to me, as there is enormous amount of work so to be executed, operating system configuration, installation of several software products.
My personal computer, this is the control room of ITTSB Blog and of my On-line life. 

Due this fresh opportunity, I thought to navigate at Creative web site, and check for any driver updates.
In my surprise I did discover New Driver Version of 19-04-2019  for Win10 64bit, and immediately I thought to try and see of what it will happen?  :)

Driver Version 6.0.230.12 were successfully installed at my Win7 Pro 64bit !!! 

Driver Version 6.0.230.12 this is made to use Creative Console Launcher (Beta) 2.61.49 and as such there is no compatibility issue.

Audio Control Panel CTAudCS.exe = File version of 1.0.0.8 of the year 2009.

And therefore my discovery this is an amazing find, a well hidden secret, which it will benefit my lovely X-Fi music at newer applications and at gaming !!!  8)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Creative X-FI Music this is a software rich product, that only a few people payed too much of attention to it.  :-X

This period of 2021, I made the decision at my fresh installation of  Win 7 Pro 64 Bit to install only truly essential software, and the lesser amount of similar products, the better for me and also regarding occupied files space at my Hard drives.

Creative MediaSource 5
This now become my primary MP3 Player and sound player.

MediaSource 5, this is also combining dedicated X-FI tools activation and use.

Hidden with the MediaSource 5, this is also one of the best Creative applications used to be named as Record of what you Hear when this was offered as stand alone at windows XP drivers.

Unfortunately MediaSource 5 this is unable to use directly play-list made by Winamp *.pls, but this is a small evil as you may create a new playlist Creative MediaSource compatible within few seconds.

SoundFont Bank Manager
Neither this software received and fresh touch up, this is for exploration and use mainly by people working with Midi sound files.
I do own an Oxygen 49 M-AUDIO (Keyboard MIDI Controller), and I have partial experience with ASIO drivers and sound editing software.  ;) 

Creative Entertainment Center
I got my X-FI music as retail with out front panel.
Soon enough I did succeed getting in my hands the front panel of an older AUDIGY along with the Creative remote control unit (model RM900).
I was had to hack the flat ribbon cable, and make my own, with proper end to end termination connections, and I did succeed after of several days of trial and error.

I were lucky as I did discover AUDIGY flat ribbon Pin-out at a relative help file, and then combined of what I knew about  X-FI Music flat ribbon Pin-out.
And I did succeed to to make this pair functional, with out on-line help as there was not any available.

Even back then the original X-FI 5.25" front panel this was an very expensive gadget. 
While my AUDIGY panel, this found locally from a friend, at 1/5 of the price of X-Fi panel.  ;) 
Compatibility was a risk that I took, but after of me succeeding so to make it functional, nowadays it seems as an adventure with a Happy End.

Creative Entertainment Center software this was made for XP - Vista 32/64 bit.
Follow the link for the How-to install at Win7 and possibly at Win10
https://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1666.0

(For better review, download the first two images at your own computer)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix