!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Ansmann Energy 8 NiMH charger repair (TOPSwitch-II TOP223Y)  (Read 15875 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Ansmann Energy 8 NiMH charger repair (TOPSwitch-II TOP223Y)
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 11:58:53 AM »
2016 Update 8)

After making my dream true within 2016 about also getting one Ansmann Energy 16 (as damaged about repairing it power supply)  :) , due it old production date I was forced to replace all it entire set of electrolytic capacitors by using latest and high quality parts.

http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1129.0

I did think ahead and ordered an quantity of capacitors able to rebuild both of my Ansmann Energy chargers.
Today due my experiences with Energy 16 I think that at Energy 8 few capacitors them was a poor choice when this was originally assembled, and I do have some recommendations as corrections.
I do advice to all to have a good look at my post of my Ansmann Energy 16 renovation, I have add further details regarding my choices about New replacement capacitors.

Here is few pictures of my Energy 8,  I have all ready install fresh capacitors at the power supply PCB, and now I am working with it motherboard. 
But here comes a Warning as there is three wrong printed capacitor polarity pads. Check picture No4
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 04:16:20 PM »
New update February 2018 

I made my decision to replace entire number of LED at my Ansmann Energy 16, but I did included in my order enough LED and for Ansmann Energy 8.  :)
Below there is three pictures clearly demonstrating that PCB maker had to improvise of how to add two center LED over this PCB,  specific improvising it would add more trouble at replacing these LED.

But either way, addition of new LED they do transform this charger and lights looks bright as this to be a Christmas tree.
Therefore it does worth the trouble doing such an upgrade.     :)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2018, 10:44:10 AM »
Undescribed happiness   :)

One DOA LED came close to scare me for few minutes,  but it is my fault that I did not inspect received merchandise prior using it.  :P

Now my Ansmann Energy 8 among with my Ansmann Energy 16, they simile more to LED light wall projectors  ;D ;D

THE ( Very Happy ) END .

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix