!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Multimeter | Clamp meter | Insulation Resistance Tester | Panel Meter | Oscilloscopes | Test leads & Accessories | Software Updates > Bench-top Oscilloscope & Handheld scope meter

Uni-T UT81B Scope-meter question / Sound distortion

<< < (2/2)

gameru:
The Uni-t ut81 it can be used  to analyze Voltage from outlet (230V 50Hz) with test leads?
I saw on youtube, a real oscilloscope i need Differential Probes to measure voltage from outlet,and are very expensive.

Kiriakos GR:
Basically any battery powered oscilloscope this is safe to use for mains voltage, if it input specifications aloud it.

GDS-320 this can accept 300V RMS at 1X   ( this is almost 1000V pp )
Speaking of other limits,  one oscilloscope probe even at 10x  this can accept max 600V RMS.

I am not aware of UT81B Max input voltage, or if this comes with quality probes for high voltages.

gameru:
I saw your video on youtube about GDS-320.I like the presentation and Oscilloscope,but the price it is not attractive (1850 euro +VAT) :'(
On manul of UT81B says - maximum input voltage 1000Vp-p,RMS i think 300V
But,have only DC coupling
The UT81B come only with test leads,not end oscilloscope probe.I'm curious if it works with test leads to analyze AC Voltage (230V 50Hz)

Kiriakos GR:
Pricing comparisons them have value when compering two similar items.
GDS-200 (70MHz) this is close to 1000 EUR that is close to what a GDS-2102A worth.

I will agree that starting price for buying a helicopter seems totally unreasonable to me either.  ;D

Here is a fresh example of what true tools them can do  :)
http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1108.0

Kiriakos GR:
By a second read of the questions for UT81B,  I have to say that my personal quick testing with it for few minutes, (as also the date of this topic indicating) this was at 2012.

The limitations of it, this made me to stop thinking of it and move on.
Few pictures from it over the web, them indicating that when sine-wave displayed this is only frequency measurement.
Quick reviews by others them mentioning mediocre performance of square-wave above 1MHz.

According to my personal opinion, one oscilloscope this must be able to serve (or comply with)  thee important applications.
1) This must have low volts sensitivity at ACV so this to be able to measure ripple at DC power supply.
2)  This must have bandwidth of 100MHz so this to be able to assist at repairing anything working up to 20MHz.
Rule of thump this is oscilloscope bandwidth this must be five times higher than the signal that you are going to review.

3) This must have a size of screen above 3 inch, and to be fast, so this to be  keeper in long term.

I am aware of cash flow difficulties of hobbyist.
But again in 2015 one professional in electronics repairs he have to invest a minimum of cash at buying several tools, so him to work as freelancer and this is close 20000 EUR.
The average investment in tools (and I am included) this is 40000 EUR , and I am lucky as around 20000 EUR of tools, I got them due the family business, as my father he was also an electrician.

In our times one dentist he must invest 100,000EUR  so him to accept a customers and start making money.
Therefore nothing comes easy to any one.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version