!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Ansmann Battery Tester Energy Check LCD ( Reliable battery capacity diagnosis )  (Read 4259 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This is not a product review this is rather one recommendation for the people which dealing with several handheld devices and a wide range of battery types.

Reliable battery capacity diagnosis by a quick test this is only possible when the tester it self can perform this test by adding load over the battery, this is nothing different as method from the one used for car batteries.

About eight years ago, I did discover this Ansmann  Energy Check LCD Battery Tester, and I did immediately added it in my tool box when I found it at the price point of 45 Euro shipped to Greece.

About seven year later my Ansmann  Energy Check LCD it did failed but not regarding internal electronics,  the wire of this tester which connects with the test probe, this started failing apart - external insulation started decomposing and becoming dust.

I had to improvise by replacing this coiled wire by another at exact resistance, so it factory measuring calibration this to not be altered.

While I am not thrilled regarding build quality of products Ansmann Made in China, this very specific product it is a significant innovation.
Internal electronic circuit includes one processor which calculates and deliver test results as soon battery under test this is under load for few seconds (fixed time).

My hobby this is digital photography for 18 years up to date , lots of 1.2V AA Ni-Mh in my ownership, I was in need to be aware of which specific battery cell started to deteriorate first.
Today many smart chargers they can deliver battery capacity tests and perform benchmarks too, but this is possible for very limited battery cell types.

Ansmann  Energy Check LCD - Product page               
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix