!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Soldering tools | Miscellaneous hand tools | Bench top tools > Soldering station, Rework station, relative accessories

ATTEN ST-100 SP-100 Replacement tip barrel from Weller or Xytronic or JCD

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kiriakos GR:

--- Quote from: Andrew-88 on March 03, 2024, 07:43:12 PM ---I do get it, you are giving another one battle for all consumers out there.  ;)

--- End quote ---

This is a fact, and they are also ongoing actions from my end, and I am waiting reactions (answers) from three continents.

Stay tuned  ;)

Kiriakos GR:
I am now coming to confirm that any spares sourced due Xytronic logo this is a dead end.  :P

But there is still hope.
I have ordered so to test, three set of entire similar assembly for HAKKO 907, this offered by unknown Chinese brand.
Their sleeve has also ventilation slots as seen at the ATTEN sleeve.

Actual mechanical dimensions, they will be explored soon.
It might also required a partial modification.

============================================================
Everything started when I did started to explore Weller LT (system) tip dimensions.
New Weller LT tip will measure 4.8mm (inner diameter) /  5.90mm (external diameter).
T900 tip system this has external tip diameter of 6.0mm
============================================================

And the first good news are Weller LT & T900 system similarities.
Next to be explored are the similarities / compatibility of JCD plastic nut / connector to soldering iron handle.

The shipping time it might take some time.
But If someone can destroy the bad game of ATTEN China, this is no other than another Chinese brand.  ;)

Kiriakos GR:
I did use all my Powers ... as first time buyer at aliexpress this time.  ;)
Free shipping + 0.8 € VAT = Total: €0.46

The plan is this tip barrel to be cut in length, and then a pipe flair technique will follow.

With three set available at my hands, there is a greater room for error, regarding experiments at proper metal handling.
99% of times I do succeed by the first attempt.  :)   

(This first aliexpress test buy, will be also useful to me so to detect entire cost per transaction, along shipping priority in use.)
aliexpress this is not any marketplace full of angels, as soon you do a first transaction, low prices and discounts these disappear.
All that you see is Shipping: €2.80 , or free over €10.00    :P 

Kiriakos GR:
Gentlemen I had a great success by simply receiving my first product sample.  8)

In the begging I did some work over the new nut for the soldering iron handle.
The idea was to shrink it instead of the tip barrel, but this root when to a dead end.
All that I did succeed was to create an identical part as it is the original, but I had to sacrifice the new metallic nut.

Plan B: I did cut to length the new tip barrel and with metal forming, I did create it termination ring.
Now with the same method I will transform and the other two packets that I am awaiting to receive in a few days.   :)

My total sum of spare parts will be:
Two pcs of metallic nut.
Three pcs of tip barrel.
Three pcs of assembly for the handle. 

============================================================== 

I did test the soldering iron, its good as new !!  8)
And even calibrated the soldering station with special formed K-type thermocouple (with a special probe holder = my design).
To be honest, I did combine few ideas coming from the HAKKO FG100 dedicated soldering tip thermometer.
My current special probe holder its very reliable and accurate but not as fast so to heat up, as is the 191-212 sensor.

26 of March 2024 I did a gift to my self, freshest production of RST FG-100 dedicated Tip Thermometer and in 10 days it will be here.
This comes with 5 pcs sensor, and I got also another pack of 10 pcs.

================================================================

Note: I did the metal forming all by my self, but I am not tool-less regarding this task.
Yes it is possible to convert the tip barrel for the 936 JCD soldering iron,  but with out skills and tools you are not getting anywhere.

(Alternatively you can try to get a 40mm long tip barrel from YIHUA store at Ali Express, but you will act as explorer about the success of this solution)

overvolt:
Another one significant battle won by Kiriakos  8)

Congratulations !!
 ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version