!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: UNI-T gets in the bussines of the Laser distance meters. UT391 looks Good.  (Read 6921 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
The UT391 looks to be an true modern Laser meter, other than an complete set of calculations it offer IP54 casing ( Dust Protect/Splash proof).

Full specifications here.  http://masteram.com.ua/nfs/product/834537/file/UT391_laser_distance_meter_eng.pdf

What looks as promising, is that the competition it does bring down the prices in this sector of instruments.
From the forbidding pricing of 200$ plus, today the latest solutions are at about 80$ which sounds more reasonable. 

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Phyllomedusa

Do you have any data on the price it will be around?! I am still looking for a Laser Distance meter (for homework and garden building ;)), but I am more or less set on an used Leica. Even new they are about 130-150Euro (beginning), and for just saving 20Euros I wouldn't switch to a chinese brand and pay a prestige-plus ;).

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Many eBay sellers has listings from 80-86$ on average.
Naturally if you find it in a similar price in Euro locally, it worth's getting it that way.
Mostly for getting with it an true warranty plan.     
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Phyllomedusa

That is a reasonable price for that device and could be tempting if you just need it occasionally.

I also highly recommend buying it from an inland source, as usually a direct import from China is not that much cheaper after Postage fees, VAT, Customs, Currency Exchange rates and you normally get no warranty at all.
That depends on your seller of course....but I guess it would be at least 30USD for postage in case of a defect and then maybe you'll also need to pay for the return to you and end up with nearly the price of a new one....

I may keep an eye on that distance meter. Could be interesting to compare it to a "premium model". If it just works and is in specs it would be a nice grab for your toolkit at home.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix