!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Kiriakos Bluetooth dongle antenna hack 28m Range !! 14-7-2017  (Read 3917 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
28m of range this is much better than 6m, but we lost the router   ;D ;D 8)

ORICO BTA-408 Bluetooth 4.0 dongle while I selected it due it quality of chip BCM20702, speaking of range this is a huge disappointment.
Out of the box this does only six meters ... What ?  YES 

ORICO engineers did something terrible speaking of PCB antenna design and performance speaking of range in meters this is terrible to unacceptable.

Bluetooth & WiFi  antennas both working at about 2,4GHz and therefore due identical wavelength they are able to serve in both applications.

Instead spending money to hack my Bluetooth dongle, I did use old items that I am keeping for spare parts.
New dongle case this is from old USB to IR dongle ( old days of Windows 98).
The Antenna came from my old Thomson TG587  ( Equipment which I was using five years back with old internet provider.) 

In conclusion
New performance limits they are fantastic  8)
a) 10 meters ( within walls )
b) 20  meters line of sight (warrantied pairing)
c) 28 meters  line of sight  ( Stable link by standing at side walk of next square from my office )

dBi Gain of Thomson TG587 Antenna this is 3.01 dBi at 2472 MHz, and it did miracles in my case.  ;)
Length this is approximately 9 centimeters.

Enjoy the pictures !!  :)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix