!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Can I force full speed to the indexing service of Windows?  (Read 106 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Can I force full speed to the indexing service of Windows?
« on: February 21, 2024, 05:48:56 PM »
I do aloud at windows search service, this to index only:
a) Windows start menu
b) Outlook contacts 

At Windows 7 there is some sort of mechanism, this be in control of indexing, and perform the task only when the PC is idle.
This is fresh knowledge even to me, as I though so far that this delay it was related with the speed potentials of the OS boot drive.

Now I do own fastest WD Gold 2TB as OS drive, and despite that fact, windows indexing still hesitates to do this job faster.
With a bit of Google search I made the discovery of how to disable this unwanted delay.  8)

Open run dialog
Type "gpedit.msc" and select OK
Browse to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Search

Select "Disable indexer backoff", and set it to Enabled

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navigate at windows services, at go at Windows Search service,  Stop the service / Restart the service.

Now get back at Index  window, and now activate index rebuild.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For approximately 900 of indexed files,  windows finish the indexing in three seconds of time.    ;D   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix