!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: HIOKI RM3542A Firmware update preparations (May 2018)  (Read 3750 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
HIOKI RM3542A Firmware update preparations (May 2018)
« on: May 19, 2018, 09:19:44 AM »
RM3542A this is a very superior resistance meter and despite all sort of available communication options for industrial connectivity this it does missing of one USB port.

Thanks to HIOKI headquarters in Japan and due their European division, I did receive in person, instructions and software.

RM3542A this requiring connectivity due RS232 serial port with 9 Pin plug.
Verup.exe firmware loader software which requiring PC computer this running with nothing less than Windows 7.

I do have several desktop PC computers in my workshop all running licensed versions of WinXP Professional with SP3,  and HIOKI software loader was not functioning on them, error description … VerUp.exe this is not a valid Win32 application.   :P

Next thing that I had to take care this was to make one Null-modem serial cable.
I did modify one regular cable at Null-Modem type by using all wires according to fully configured Null modem cable design.

In my surprise this firmware update process it did finish much faster that what instructions was mentioning, and I got lucky enough to capture all this action with my digital camera. ;)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix