!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: My BOSCH SR 9.6E cordless drill got a second life end of 2013  (Read 23143 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: My BOSCH SR 9.6E cordless drill got a second life end of 2013
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 09:22:59 PM »
I am unable to offer answers over experimental solutions.
One fresh pack of NiCD it will keep you happy for six years.

Half damaged NICD it can recover temporarily with few instant electric shock at 40DC.
But the miracle lasts only few hours or does not work at all.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Bebyko

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 09:50:04 PM »
i see, well, i won't bother with ebay, i'll go for a local site, it's the same price of the battery + shipping so there it is, my problem is witch one should i choose ?

http://www.acumulator-shop.ro/acumulator-pentru-unelte-electrice/bosch-9-6volt-knolle/1.20.BOS.16

There's a list of them with specirfication, i see they have 2500mAh/24Wh over the  1500mAh ebay one has ?

Also whats with the GSB,GUS,GBM....letters ? some kind of specific code ?

Hope you can access that page.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 10:11:29 PM »
Contact your supplier by email and attach a picture of your battery to it too.
If he does have stock, then possibly you will be able to buy.

But for a tool which is discontinued for over a decade, I would say that even buying genuine old stock, it is a bad idea today.

The original Ni-CD was probably only 1400mAh its one, most modern ones are now at 2000mAh or more.
Basically any 2000mAh cell is great for it.
Since you have the original charger, close your eyes and get a fresh Ni-CD pack. 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

giorgos

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 06:50:24 PM »
I was wondering, is there anyway to convert the battery to a Lithium ion ? or something more reliable ? also how could i restore some battery performance on the old NiCd ?

If you change your battery to Li-ion you have certainly to change your charger too.
Charging Li-ion batteries is not something simple, it requires a specialized charger.
If you use a simple charger  is very dangerous , with high posibility of battery explosion.
So the best is to join Kiriakos advice, and buy a fresh pack of NiCD battery.

Bebyko

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 11:04:07 PM »
I've been fooled by the seller, the actually batteries can't hold a charge at all right now, i think he did the trick where he tried to apply a bigger current to the batteries and somehow made them work, i don't really know what do do since i paid for the complete pack around 20 euros, buying new battery pack would be around 100 euros, that can't be a good deal rebuilding them would also be expensive...

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 11:28:41 PM »
Even a new or used faulty battery pack it is called as faulty because few cells inside (more than two) from the eight, they did turn bad.
Instead of talking about it, open it up and measure by a multimeter all the battery cells, and replace just the dead ones.

This is my last advice on your problem, if you are unable to follow it by your own, then ask for help from an local repair man in your area.   
Yes, for me all those tasks looks easy, because I am a professional maintenance electrician.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 09:59:53 AM »
Fresh News.
Regarding rebuild of original Bosch - 2607300002 - Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-Cd) 1500mAh 9.6V, this time I did followed a new route.

I have rebuild my battery pack four times up to date by starting at 2003 ~ 2017, I have carefully separate top and bottom plastics, and I have reunite them by using a tiny aluminum plate this bonded internally at front side, and another two microscopic screws at the back (left & right from anchor clip.

In my last upgrade I did use Ni-CD Cells sold on eBay for cheap at nylon sleeve, unfortunately such batteries they are a marketing scam, listed battery capacity of several thousands  mAh this is fake, and 2500mAh battery this is no more than 1000 mAh.
http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1362.0

Now and at my fifth battery rebuild I did make a new choice,  I did purchase one 9,6V pack 2000Ah this compatible for MAKITA tools at 16€ plus 10€ shipping from Germany.
I did specific choice because assembled Ni-CD pack is by 90% identical to Bosch - 2607300002, only change required this is bottom two Ni-CD cells to be turned mechanically as is, so them to comply according to Bosch plastic case.
And final touch this is soldering of Bosch contacts plates ( Plus and minus) on the top of new battery cells.
I am not going to get in finer details of my battery rebuild, because this route it does include improvising and electrician skills, but either way my new choices they did work much better than other times.

Here you may find details of my own recently made  battery capacity tests.
http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1384.0

By me selecting this time 2000mAh cells, my old basic charger at 400mA this now translates to five hours of charging.
Fast charger ( 1Hour )  for  BOSCH SR 9.6E cordless drill this is  AL60DV at please see bottom picture  max 12V output ( Real transformer inside).
This AL60DV 4.8V ~12V this is 1.4A , this translates to  1H+35 minutes for 2Ah battery, I am currently looking getting a used one from eBay and test it.
My suggestion is all models of AL60DV 14V and above to be avoided, because if proper voltage detection fails, the battery will be destroyed.

Next topic for you ..    History review of Bosch Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-CD) AL60 & AL60 DV chargers  ;)

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix