!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: C&A Electronics KIT CA115 DC 0-25V / 0-3,5A LM723CH PSU Remake  (Read 4 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This is my first ever adjustable PSU with voltage adjustment along current limiter.
C&A Electronics in Greece was one of the first sources at 1987 at the offering of electronic kit.
CA115 KIT this is DC 0-25V / 0-3,5A power supply, and main IC this is LM723CH with 10 pin.

While back at the year 1987 this LM723CH with TO-100 package it might was popular, at 2024 it’s not.
At my personal stock of IC I do have a pair of Motorola MC1723CP genuine old stock of 90s.

My PSU yesterday this had a sudden damage when I was using it as battery charger, and now I am a bit lost, because I have to return and repair a 37 years old PSU design.
I did kept in good storage CA 115 four pages of electronic circuit and printed in Greek language of assembly and troubleshooting instructions.

C&A Electronics KIT CA115 this is extremely unique, it requires two AC transformers, separate PSU for the LM723 along a separate PSU for the output stage.

I thought to research Google search finds about this schematic and I found nothing. 
But I did found lots of useless scammers from India, them to have steal and reproduce all short of LM323 schematics but they do not have this one.

Under lots of thought I did decide to hide and protect the electronics design knowledge of this specific PSU.
Instead I will only present some work of my own for the pin out conversion from the unpopular LM723CH package to the more popular LM723 14 pin socket.

I am now preparing myself for going a bit of DIY.
I will use an new 14 pin PCB IC socket, and will add soldered wires as leads, and then I will solder these at the PCB this originally designed to accept a 10 leads IC.         

I am also planning to do some extra work at this KIT PCB, a bit of cleaning, restoration replacement of old wires  with new.
Fresh soldering and removal of ancient over PCB soldered pins these originally placed as on-top soldering points.

So I am going to give it a complete remake after of 37 years (first assembly), now that I have huge amount of expertise along tooling pack and all sort of spare parts.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
Re: C&A Electronics KIT CA115 DC 0-25V / 0-3,5A LM723CH PSU Remake
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 01:03:18 PM »
Not all C&A Electronics Kit were designed with excellence but I do not recall Smart-Kit brand this having a close equivalent of PSU with current limiter.

Unfortunately, C&A Electronics in Greece, this ended it operation end of 2012.
And nothing saved speaking of product details and KIT schematics.

About KIT CA115, you do have unique content in your hands, KIT along complete documentation.
As far I am remembering, KIT documentation this was released as photocopy of text written in typewriter.  :)   

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix