!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: SLA Battery LC-XD1217PG = FAIL prematurely ? ( LC-XD1217P) at APC UPS  (Read 5662 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
SLA Battery LC-XD1217PG is the premium type of Panasonic in those 12V lead acid battery at 17Ah.
Panasonic product specifications talking about 10~12 Years life cycle, and according to that I did pay the price premium so to purchase two of them, my application is one APC SUA 1000XL uninterpretable power supply.

I purchased them from Germany bright New and truly fresh production batch too.
At Mar 21, 2009 the shop kessler-electronic  received my payment and they send the goods really fast in Greece.

Today that is September 19 2015, these battery cells are both 6.5 years old,  in all those years them never needed to engage in a long term power failure,  and by rough calculation them engaged at about 20 times at instant mains power failure conditions that is 2~5 seconds duration.

Regarding this APC SUA 1000XL uninterpretable power supply, this working at just 22 ~25% of it rated load capacity, especially after the death of my CRT screen which this having significant consumption compared to the fresher TFT computer monitor that I am using in the past 4 years.

Technically speaking these two LC-XD1217PG working as a pair, they did started to fail at the diagnostic battery-self test.
This diagnostic battery-self test, it is using a fixed DC current load, I was never aware of how much this was until to measure it today, this is 10A.

According to specifications  LC-XD1217PG this have Internal resistance of Approx. 12 mΩ (mOhm).
By measuring my batteries, battery A has 30mOhm & Battery B this has 50 mOhm.

A good friend of my gave me for free a pair of LPC12-38 (12V38AH), them was one year used at wheelchair application.
Either way now I do feel safe again  in the regard that my uninterpretable power supply this will engage at a power failure.

But the question still remains, I paid to Panasonic a price premium so me to have 10 years of trouble free uninterpretable power supply operation.
Back then I have the choice to select among battery models with different life cycle expectancy, my options to choose from was  4Years or 7Years or 10 Years (product code).

Battery capacity among the years changes to the worst, but this is not important right now, even a 50% drop in capacity over the years is expected and I can not blame Panasonic for that.

Battery warranty plans in our times this is something that most vendor's are hiding from.
Even Bosch cars battery maker, this have a hilarious method by an electronic tester with on board printer, this must test and print the test results so you to gain a proof that the product is good or bad.
At 100% of situations of this Bosch battery diagnosis method,  your car will be unable to start the engine, but even so the test will show that your battery is GOOD.

SLA Battery LC-XD1217PG is a product distributed by the industrial division of Panasonic.
Industrial division of Panasonic Europe this is in Belgium, and I have contact them and inform them about my incident.
They did shown interest about getting informed for the problem, and I am waiting for their second communication in few days, so them to inform me about what they can do as assistance in my case?

By this topic I am making this story know in public, from a consumer viewpoint I think that every one need to gain awareness of how this Industrial division of Panasonic Europe behaves to customers which them shown faith to their 10~12 Years life cycle specification?   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: SLA Battery LC-XD1217PG = FAIL prematurely ? ( LC-XD1217P) at APC UPS
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 10:49:54 AM »
One complete working week passed since replying back to Panasonic industrial for a first time.
Four days later I did another reply so me to verify the reason of all this silence from my contact person Sade De Vos.

Possibly her was in denial to write down an answer as for example: We do not give a fuck about product specifications stating that our products could last for 10 ~12 years.

In the past decade most or all battery makers them avoid to offer or kept their promises about warranty for their products.
I though that Panasonic is a far reliable company, now I have proofs that they are not, an I will repeat the usual scream of the double crossed consumer that is: Never again about buying a Panasonic battery. 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix