!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: FLUKE 8845A 8846A both Discontinued since April 12, 2022  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
FLUKE 8845A 8846A both Discontinued since April 12, 2022
« on: July 03, 2022, 07:35:30 PM »
Zak Bollenbacher , FLUKE, Director of Commercial Strategy.
April 12 2022
Dear Fluke Distributor:
The following distribution product is being phased out effective immediately.
DMM 8845A
DMM 8846A

(Along of a short list of this product series dedicated accessories)
USB stick
Software
Rack mount
Transportation Hard case

What most people are not aware of, this is that FLUKE 8846A this was not just a product at FLUKE catalog, but a premium DMM which was classified as instrument of  [FLUKE Calibration] too,  that is a different sector.

FLUKE Calibration uses and then FLUKE sales instruments these tagged as high precision.
Three years ago, [FLUKE Calibration] this demonstrated in the market a new High Precision DMM this be part exclusively of their newest calibrators setup.
Dedicated DMM for calibrator this is a special product at pricing that only a calibration lab it might accept to pay.

DMM 8846A this represents high precision at 6 1/2 digits resolution.     
And as such, this were used also as PRIME DMM, even at 80 Plus energy efficiency certification lab (computer power supply).

Inspection of DC voltage standards, along other applications as for example, four wire temperature sensor and precision resistance measurement, are top in the list of most known ones.

DMM 8846A this is digitizer recorder, ANALYZE soft button this open the door of another world regarding analysis potentials.
DMM 8846A this is excellent at delivering fast sampling measurements for data logging due a computer, but not by the use of limited in capabilities FLUKE consumers software.

The long story in short,  now we are aware that both 8845A 8846A has being phased out.
And today there is a single question that I am not aware of the answer.
1) For how long time FLUKE will feel as obligated so to deliver spare-parts for the exterior of these DMM?
Until stock lasts?

In summary, 8846A this is most robust along a stable DMM regarding holding it calibration, it includes the Standard Deviation ( digitizer recorder measurement) that is invaluable asset.
FLUKE informed us about their strategy, but consumers strategy this will be a different one.
I can speak only for my self, I do not have any plans replacing my 8846A in this lifetime.  :)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline cluca1969

• job title: Electronics developer
Re: FLUKE 8845A 8846A both Discontinued since April 12, 2022
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 05:05:08 PM »
A good information for all Fluke 8846A and Tek DMM4050 owners. It is interesting to see what these top products will be replaced with a new series.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 08:11:49 PM »
A good information for all Fluke 8846A and Tek DMM4050 owners. It is interesting to see what these top products will be replaced with a new series.

FLUKE used to prepare next product generation first and then to phased out the old.
Something changed within FLUKE.

I did message them at FB and now waiting.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 09:50:49 PM »
FLUKE used to prepare next product generation first and then to phased out the old.
Something changed within FLUKE.

I did message them at FB and now waiting.

I have still an account at FLUKE, they open for me a ticket, their intentional team this stay silent now for eleven days.
I do now assume that this is their answer at my question, they even mark my ticket as solved.

Offline cluca1969

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 05:57:36 AM »
Now we just have to wait and see what surprise the FLUKE team is preparing for us.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 07:42:29 PM »
Now we just have to wait and see what surprise the FLUKE team is preparing for us.

Fluke calibration website throw the ball to .......
Please see the Keithley 2100 Series or the Keithley DMM6500 6.5 Digit Multimeter.

In conclusion.
a) Keithley China, has still piles of unsolved firmware issues with DMM6500.
b) FLUKE this gets out of bench-top DMM Market.
c) The ones still own FLUKE 8845A & 8846A, they have high-end hardware with a bit of slow measuring sampling at ACV.
d) FLUKE never came back to me so to respond at my ticket. 

My admiration about FLUKE HH DMM this is now dead, they did stay inactive about fresh products release since 2009.
But I will keep the flag high for my 8846A, neither Taiwan, Japan, or anyone else has similar quality to offer up to date. 

Offline cluca1969

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2022, 06:30:54 PM »
Terribly sad news from Fluke. Probably the management of the company opted for the continuation of the production of Bench-tops in favor of those from Keithley. As we all know Fluke, Tektronix and Keithley are under the same umbrella. Too bad about DMM6500 because it is manufactured in CHINA. Honestly, with regret, but I can't buy something like this.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix