!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: New gadget !! pyroelectric Motions Sensor, Keyhole LED Light L0403  (Read 7015 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This is a first look of my new gadget infrared movement sensor with 4 LED ,
it is a low cost  item at around 4$.

My curiosity drive me about getting one and test it, because the base theory about it sounded good enough as light source and aid about solving some common problems is dark places.

I have not tested it yet in total darkens but works well even in spots with low day light.
Regarding motion detecting range under my current tests is limited to 2 meters.
But I will have the full picture in few hours by testing it in absolute darkness.
No this message is not a product review..  :)

For now I will attach the two pages of this:
Auto PIR keyhole light  Model:L0403  Users Manual, as assistance if some one needs it.

Pyroelectricity - Wikipedia,

Pyroelectricity (from the Greek pyr, fire, and electricity) is the ability of certain materials to generate a temporary voltage when they are heated or cooled.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

brekelwilles

Re: New gadget !! pyroelectric Motions Sensor, Keyhole LED Light L0403
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 07:23:09 AM »
This is a first look of my new gadget infrared movement sensor with 4 LED ,
it is a low cost  item at around 4$.

My curiosity drive me about getting one and test it, because the base theory about it sounded good enough as light source and aid about solving some common problems is dark places.

I have not tested it yet in total darkens but works well even in spots with low day light.
Regarding motion detecting range under my current tests is limited to 2 meters.
But I will have the full picture in few hours by testing it in absolute darkness.
No this message is not a product review..  :)

For now I will attach the two pages of this:
Auto PIR keyhole light  Model:L0403  Users Manual, as assistance if some one needs it.

Pyroelectricity - Wikipedia,

Pyroelectricity (from the Greek pyr, fire, and electricity) is the ability of certain materials to generate a temporary voltage when they are heated or cooled.

Yup,, it really sounds good but you haven't posted you pics??
I'm eagerly waiting for it since I had heard about this product and currently I'm planing to use use this stuff but still confused about its range?? So it would be great if you'll post some reviews of it?? That would give me a particular direction to think about it!!
Thanks in advance !!

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 01:38:25 PM »
The range ?   :)

Yes no one care to operate it for keyholes ...  LOL
I did some testing / playing with it, in the first day that I got it.
The range is dependent to the placement of it, more specifically what matters is the motion sensor to be placed in a way which haves total freedom to scan in both axis.
When it is placed at this "Perfect" condition it is able to detect motion even at six or seven meters away.
I tested it on the side walk by been on the top of a 20cm wall brick and by scanning the one direction at night.

I am using it differently too in my space,  I have add at the back of it (mounting base) one magnetic sheet sold for using it mainly for DIY refrigerator magnets (decorations).

I got lucky, the magnet shown capable to hold the weight of this gadget, but it is just as strong is needed so to hold the device in place in a one unmovable spot. ( It can not handle any usual slamming of the refrigerator door)

As keyhole light  (placed at about one meter from ground level) the side scanning degrees are poor, for example you may imagine you trouser belt as target, you need to get close to 30 centimeters so to be detected by it.   

I am using it (flat down) as you may see in the first pictures,  by this placement I get the max of it as 3-4 meters with 100% warrantied coverage.
With it I can visit the bathroom or use the metallic stairway so to get up at the loft of my shop with out using any regular lights.
It works that good that I did ordered and a second one which it delayed to arrive but I am expecting it.
Usual arrival by eBay China is 16-20 days, this one is 26 days all ready.

Few years back I worked by a contract of six months as inspector of motion sensors and the complete alarm  system of six local super markets.
My finding was that those motion sensors they get blind in time, the range degrades and in two years they need replacement.

It's Super market have more that 20 of them,
and I was have to inspect its one. (Yes by jumping around in front of them.  ;D )

But technology moves forward and this sensor is fresh, it is possible my own 12 years old experiences to not represent what is happening today. 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 05:15:20 PM »
This is a follow up message, as assistance if something goes wrong with this gadget.

One of the three units that I purchased, in about two weeks time started acting weird.
It was activating the LED lights with out reason, and it was staying in this condition for ever.
By turning the tiny power switch Off & On it worked as RESET and for few minutes the circuitry was working again, but eventually was malfunctioning again.

I did try to re-solder ( re-flow) the main IC and components by the hope that it was a cold soldering or bad contact, but it was not.
Last thing that I would had to try is to replace the actual sensor RE200B which if you seek for it you will discover at list six similar part codes.
The price of the sensor is high compared to the total price of this gadget, and even so there was no reinsurance that this was the true problem.
Either way I got two of them as parts, and I got lucky too, by repairing the troublesome LED sensor gadget.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix