!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: History facts FLUKE 8840A & 8840A/AF VS 8842A 5 1/2 multimeter comparison  (Read 7307 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Even today I am not aware of the differences between FLUKE 8840A & 8840A/AF but I am aware of it similarities both has 0.005% accuracy on DCV when 8842A this has 0.003% .

Quick comparison of 8840A and 8842A this brings also the information that 8840A does not have 20mV/20Ω ranges.

Personally I have work with both models, 8842A this did not had ACV option card, this works nicely as soon it warmup as monitor of voltage reference at 10V DC, but due it age ADC noise level at last digit in comparison with Fluke 8846A  this is night to day difference.
Fluke 8846A this is by far a better performer while is not considered as fresh technology within 2019.

About FLUKE 8840A I had the chance to repair two of them both with ACV option,  while both get back at peak of performance, it did feel strange that auto-detect when input was AC Volts this was not working automatically.
You should select ACV function and then working voltage range and then to measure AC volts.

I got the impression that these meters operating software was designed (programed) by default priority that ACV  09 option card this will be missing.
When ACV option this is present, the meter does not include any Windows Plug and play detection software, and therefore ACV activation and range selection this is performed solely by user interaction.

You are reading these text lines because probably you are exploring market of used multimeter,  either way now your are better prepared if any of those very old meters will serve your applications.   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
FLUKE 8840A & 8842A 20 DCV range impedance measured results by BM878
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 12:40:02 PM »
Today I have again the opportunity to play ( test ) one 8842A  :)

Now I am able to do a bit of myth busting regarding actual input impedance at it 20 DCV range.
Fluke documentation this is unclear of actual impedance value, therefore my trusty BM878 did that test and now all ITTSB Blog readers receives this benefit of knowledge too.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Finally I am now 100% aware of what 8840A/AF includes, and in reality this is an 8840A with ACV option loaded.  ;)

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix