!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: (Mini drill) Mediocre performance from Mini Chuck Fixture for 3.17mm shaft motor  (Read 4339 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Several weeks back I salvaged a medium sized DC motor from a Laser printer, and I thought to convert this in to a mini drill.
My search for Mini Chuck Fixture at eBay, directed me at supposed most popular solution and as such is the one pictured bellow.

By unpacking my Chuck and measure it, first discovered issue is that shaft motor hole this is not 3.17mm but 3.00mm.

Second issue this is that Chuck it self this is out-centered (poor machined precision).
Third issue this is that tightening and centering any drill bit (smallest to largest) it is required lots of time to install it.
Install…. Test…. Reinstall …test… reinstall… test … success 

Personally I do own special mini drill motor for PCB drilling, but this has somewhat of fixed Chuck for 0.6 up to 1.00mm drill bits.

Regular bits for polishing or sanding they come with 3.0 mm shaft, and my new gadget this is mostly for such applications.

Currently I am confused, are such quality issues to all of them ? Or it’s just this one item that it is problematic?

Either way, if a true well manufactured Chuck it is a matter of luck?  Then be slow at delivering eBay feedback at your seller (Thoroughly Test what you got). 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline cluca1969

• job title: Electronics developer
Very good idea, I am thinking of trying this ingenious method, it seems very practical and easy to build for DIY.
Congratulations Mr. Kiriakos

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
As feedback after the time period of 20 months, I will say that my concept and choice of parts it did turn to be a success.  :) 

Here is also my (patent pending) storage container for it.  ;D

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline cluca1969

• job title: Electronics developer
Yes, this tool is very useful for the smooth operation in my lab.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix