!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: New ebay shopping adventure about 50 pcs of Red / Green common anode LED  (Read 3325 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Several weeks ago I shopped 30 pcs of identical type LED about using them so I to repair two battery chargers.
Supposed electrical specifications:
2.3V for RED (20mA)
3.2V for Green (20mA)

My repair’s when successful and I thought to buy some extra stock of such LED for future use, and I did that by shopping from another seller.

Now I did receive 50 LED which none of them this is 100% similar to its other.
First indication which alerted me this is level of luminosity at RED color, it seems that I won a jackpot,   entire batch of such LED they have issues and differentiate at RED color.

Second jackpot this is broken compatibility with previously shopped LED of this type.

Third Jackpot this is that such LED they can work as replacement of damaged LED’s because of their different and lower forward voltage at RED color.

Fourth and last Jackpot this is manufacturing quality at one electrical parameter this named as:  Tolerance of forward voltage (example) ±0.05V
Branded LED manufacturers they do deliver such a specification, and this works as warranty that entire batch of their products they will deliver similar luminosity at specified operational forward voltage.

These 50 pieces of garbage which I got, after careful testing these now could be classified in four categories.
1)   Dead ones  DOA (five pieces)
2)   Vast majority  (2V  16~24mA)
3)   Low performance ( 2V  4~6mA  nine pieces)
4)   High – over-driving  (2V  26~30mA ten pieces)

Ebay seller was notified and he were honest and refunded.   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix