!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Fluke 62 MAX+ Infrared Thermometer  (Read 5041 times)

Phyllomedusa

Fluke 62 MAX+ Infrared Thermometer
« on: October 22, 2012, 02:50:38 PM »
Time to fill a gap here.... I used an "old" infrared Thermometer from my brother from time to time. Mostly it was used to check the temperature of some parts I was baking with a powder coating or checking for the temperature of engine parts (CDI Boxes and so on).

Thanks to Conrad Electronic I am now able to review the new Fluke 62Max+ here. It arrived today and I already took a first look and of course tried it:

The first impression is very good in terms of quality and the features look promising so far (Average, Min, Max, dT, Alarms[optical only].

The full review will be released in two parts:
1. General use and description: Here I want to show you the features and give some points about the Quality
2. In Situ testing: Take it with me to check it. One thing that interests me is the Measurement Range and how it behaves out of the spec. As I often learned that working with emitted radiation can be tricky and complicated I am very tensed what Fluke has put in there. So let's try it out when we calibrate the Radiometer of our 94GHz FMCW cloud radar.
You can set the Emissivity on the Fluke 62Max+, but what is this good for and why should I do that?!

...stay tuned! The first parts should be online this weekend.

I just forgot to mention: If there is a question bothering you about the 62 Max+, feel free to ask me and I see what i can do to try it out or answer it. From time to time I will give updates on the Thermometer (mostly if I encounter a problem or a feature came in very handy).

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/usen/Electrical-Testers/Thermometers/Fluke-62-MAX-Plus.htm?PID=74272

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Fluke 62 MAX+ Infrared Thermometer
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 03:56:57 AM »
Wow a new gadget !! and actually a yellow one,  Nice.  :)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Phyllomedusa

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 02:17:42 PM »
Hello Fellow ITTSB'ers,
I just published my review about the Fluke 62Max+ here:
http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=281.0;last_msg=555

These are my first impressions...the Hands-on if you like... and will be added with some usage scenarios which could be more ore less appropriate for you.
These could be also seen as general use of the IR Thermometer and taking advantage of the functions. I am just checking if I have a possibility to get a videocamera somewhere for these tests. Maybe I could take my cellphone to film it or just write and take photos for you.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 02:47:28 PM »
Even as Frog Addicted your review looks very well made.
I have twitted the link to Fluke. 

I will read it in detail a bit later, I had a very busy day and my head needs some rest. :)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Phyllomedusa

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »
Hey Kiriakos,
thank you very much. Take your time to rest and relax. I suppose they review will be there if you check it again ;).

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix