!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Quality hand tools  (Read 19302 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Quality hand tools
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 11:05:25 AM »
Congratulations !!   :)

The price difference does not look that significant but  if you got the pricing from the Praktiker shop in Greece, you did a wise move to get them direct.

For the side-cutter ( flush cutter) I did pay the price premium to get it from Germany.
About the red one, It was thrown away in a bucked fully covered with cement, and I restored it by spending two hours on it.
It must be 15 years old or more, but it is in pristine condition  ;)   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

giorgos

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 06:33:13 PM »
The time for my next order has come. I was planning to buy some screwdrivers and finally i choose them.
 I concluded to WIHA brand and I ordered ph0,1,2 and sloted 3,3.5,4.5 and 6.5mm from a greek e shop. The price is very good (about 30 euros + 4 euros post) because 5 screwdrivers of them are included in a set with a cutter , with special price, so i choose them and i added 2 additional types (PH0, 3*80) that i needed.
http://www.gerontisinox.gr/product_1010455-details.aspx
http://www.gerontisinox.gr/product_1012055-details.aspx
http://www.gerontisinox.gr/product_1012003-details.aspx
Propably next week they will come, so i will post related photos.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »
They look nice but they do not have insulation capable for use near to Mains voltages.

I do use also naked screwdrivers too, but exclusively regarding servicing electronics, and they are permanently at hanging on my bench.

Are they magnetic ?     
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

giorgos

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 07:02:44 PM »
Ι choose them for general use, for electrical works i will buy VDE series like thesse http://www.wiha.com/germany/Onlineshop/Schraubendreher4/Wiha-SoftFinish-R-electric-slimFix.-Saetze
I dont know if they are magnetic, but anyway there is also an accesoir for this
http://www.wihatools.com/400seri/40010ser.htm

I like very much reading tool catalogues but i fell sorry too because i want to buy all of theese stuff ;), but my economics dont allow me :-\
So i follow the way of step by step. Little is better than nothing.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 07:12:42 PM »
You have made the mistake to love electronics rather than becoming  a farmer with less stress and more stable income.

No worries mate, you will update your tools in the future so many times that you will loose counting.  ;D

giorgos

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 06:10:02 PM »
Finally screwdrivers came today. I think that my choice was very good as i can see from the first touch with them. The think that  impressed me first, was their lightweight (they made of chrome vanadioum molybdenium alloy). Also their handles are perfect, good balanced without any slippery sense. Ι could not forget to mention that the greek e shop that i bought the tools,was very helpful and with excellent service.
So the target for next purchase has already began.

giorgos

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 02:57:22 PM »
Other photos of them.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 09:25:16 AM »
Nice looking tools,  when I will feel the need to update my screwdrivers in the future, I will have a look at the Wiha products range too.  :)

Thanks mate.

Phyllomedusa

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 11:50:22 PM »
Nice! You will have some fun with them and they will last a long time (if you don't abuse them).
I once more learned to like my basic travel set (Wera Zyklop compact) here at installing enclosures.
So it was a good choice to spend a bit more than a cheap kit on ebay.

Offline giavra

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 06:34:28 PM »
Giorgos i wish you many good and usefull time with your set be sure that this set you buy from knipex and wiha can last for many year particularly the front tip of the screwdriver have hardened enough to hold the tough load that you can put from your hand.Be good and stay happy with your buy.

giorgos

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »
Thank you very much, i wish you the best too for the multimeter you won and to be useful for your job.
 I choosed this tools after much time of searching, cause I was looking for quality and resist in time. Unfortunately the work has reduced this time so I havent utilize them completely. Anyway i hope for better days , the value of theese tools doesnt lost.

Offline giavra

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2013, 09:17:13 PM »
Yes their value last for many good years  :)

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix