!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: HAMEG HZ56 (Year 1996) Oscilloscope Curve Tracer - Now (EOL) Recording History  (Read 5669 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
I am happy to report that I did personally enjoyed 90s too  :)  I was twenty years old and even analog electronic components among RF tubes they was looking as magic.

Today First December 2019, I was researching Oscilloscope Curve Tracer circuits and found the SOURCE of the oldest 50Hz EUROPEAN Curve Tracer and this is no other than the German HAMEG.
HAMEG in this decade it is taken over by Rohde & Schwarz , but this is another story.

HAMEG HZ56
This is a product born in Western-Germany (date unknown) then it was refreshed two times,  second revision marked as HZ56-2 and latest revision was HZ56-3.
From the first version of HAMEG HZ56 up to the latest only the shape of pilot-light changed and the printing on the box, because HAMEG become German brand after the unification with East Germany.

Product design it is tremendously simple, so simple that Kids stolen it and name it as octopus curve tracer.
Most octopus schematics that I came across they are filled with design errors and poor additions.
I even found a comment that octopus curve tracer it is electronic design with roots at 60's , but I was not able to confirm it.

The standard design this using a small transformer among with Sense Current resistor among with one limiting current resistor.
R1 & R2 values. They are 10 Ω for R1 (Sense Current) and 1 kΩ for R2.
The switches for transistor testing they simply select the testing pair (nothing special to it either).   

I did manage to collect few pictures of the European (discontinued) Oscilloscope Curve Tracer for safe keeping for as long the ITTSB Blog this is alive.  ;)
And the PDF file of the latest HZ56-3

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix