!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: My Hot glue gun died and my replacement will be latest AODON AD-F 120W  (Read 5941 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
My Hot glue gun died few days ago, it did say it last word and this was  ! BANG ! sound (and fuses blown at my distribution electrical panel).

I did my very own research so to discover what is most fresh introduced technology at  Hot glue gun them made with quality parts and smart design.
After wasting a complete weekend searching and exploring I did find all truths that there is out there. 

And I am now aware that my next Hot glue gun this must include nozzle with mechanical valve so to not drip glue and also it must include thermostat so to not overheat low melting point glue sticks.
Another advantage of thermostat this is about me raising the temperature as required for the much harder (high-temp) glue sticks.

While eBay this is full of products all looking similar, the danger is high if you do not pay attention to detail  because the factory which produces AODON AD-F at 100W or 120W this is not a toy factory but a real one.

Dongguan City Shunqiang Electronic Tools Factory This is many years in business and dedicated maker of Hot glue guns, Hot air guns, maker of PTC ceramic heating elements (for hot glue guns).
Unfortunately for us internet users, this factory does not have web-page, even so they are very proud for their work and their products are well described in this page.
http://www.weiku.com/products/20852020/Hobby_amp_Craft_hot_melt_glue_gun_AD_F.html

I paid for my gun 8.77 Euros shipped to Greece and I am currently waiting to arrive.
Even so by searching much deeper at wholesale waters, I discovered that this product leave the factory at lowest possible price of 2.77$ USD or 2.45 EUR

HUGE BEWARE NOTE to anyone thinking getting one:
1) I do consider price of 8.77 Euros or $12.99 AUD  or $9.94 USD as the highest acceptable and anything above that this becomes a ripoff.
2) If you do not locate over the product AODON AD-F product sticker do not buy it.
3) it is circulating copy of AODON AD-F this be under other brand or totally brand-less this be poor performer with weak PTC heater (half size that AODON) and also having older technology electronics,  thermostat control knob this is solid orange color and a tiny led this is buried behind thermostat sticker (Celsius points).     

AODON AD-F 120W
I did select the 120W version so to avoid disappointment if I will ever need to use hard high-temp glue sticks.
Marking of 100W or 120W this is over the gun it self by dedicated sticker.

Thermostat control knob this is transparent acrylic and at the back there is LED (activity light) which makes the knob to light red or becomes dark red at inactivity.
Thermostat control circuit this using BT136-600E  Triac 600V TO-220.

PTC heater this is approximately 120mm long, 3mm height, 8mm wide.

For now enjoy the pictures, and I will say more when I will get it  ;)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: My Hot glue gun died and my replacement will be latest AODON AD-F 120W
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 12:51:59 AM »
Hey after two months time of waiting  I am now officially an AD-F 120W gun owner.   8)

My own market research as thinker consumer about finding as much evidence possible, that this item worth my money it did succeed.
I did not avoid burning my fingers with hot-glue when tested the thermostat by letting melted glue passing over a K type thermocouple, but even so I am now aware that temperature adjustment this is 99% accurate.

The mechanical valve it does the job and there is no dripping, the thermostat works as it should and melted Glue comes out in perfect condition.
My old basic gun was boiling the glue beyond it melting point, and was giving to it a yellowish color. 

AODON AD-F 120W this is a truly well made tool, refilling with next glue stick this is a joy which I never had enjoy before, glue stick this gets hold in place by rubber grommets until to be inserted in the oven.

Metal stand in the front of the gun is the only clumsy idea in the entire product design, does not lock firmly in place.

Plastic cover compartment this surrounding the oven, this works as heat-shield which this is about 50 Celsius cooler than the setting of thermostat .. SO YES BEWARE always hold the gun from it handle.     

I did use this gun for 2 hours and use three glue sticks, I am very happy so far !  :) 

Here is some pictures from 2018 new packaging among with product details and instructions.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: My Hot glue gun died and my replacement will be latest AODON AD-F 120W
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 04:30:10 PM »
Another gift of ITTSB blog for our readers.  ;)
Detailed (translated) AODON AD-F 120W User Guide

AD-F 120W hot melt glue gun, using ceramic PTC high-quality heating body, electronic automatic temperature control, built-in electronic insurance, safety, handle using ergonomics, one-hand operation is easy.
The amount of glue can be controlled freely according to the power adjustment.
The nozzle and the gun are specially designed, durable and suitable for general hot melt adhesive strips.

Glue gun technical parameters

Power 120W

Voltage 110V-240V  (Max voltage input 330V for 3 minutes)

Insulation strength 3750V

Glue sticks specifications 10.8-11.5mm

Performance characteristics

1.  This product uses high-tech ceramic PTC thermistor as a heating element, and the heating rate is fast.
The PTC thermistor is automatically thermostated and maintains stable operating temperature.
Thermostat control prevents damage to the glue gun caused by overheating of the heating element, additionally saves energy and achieves longevity.

2. Product Safety: Electrical insulation strength up to 3750V input voltage for 1 minute. 
It can be used normally in the AC or DC power supply between 110V~240V.
It is not restricted by voltage fluctuations.
Includes built-in fuse.

Product applications

Toy model, artificial flowers, Christmas trees, decorations, metal products, Wood products, cardboard and so on, Electronic circuit board.

Proper usage guide
1. This series of products can be used with strips with a diameter of 10.8-11.8 mm.

2. Insert the strip from the tail of the glue gun and send it to the barrel.
 After plugging in the power for 5-8 minutes, the trigger can be squeezed out and the amount of glue can be controlled.

3. In the process of use, if one glue stick is used at a time, the glue stick does not need to be taken out, and the next time it is used, the power can be plugged in for 5-8 minutes and then used directly.

Safe use & Warnings

1. Use voltage 100-240V, frequency 50-60HZ.

2. Always use compatible in diameter glue sticks, and never smaller in diameter.

3. Never touch melted glue and glue gun nozzle.

4. It is forbidden to be used in places with inflammable and explosive.

5. Glue gun nozzle must and it should always point downwards and never upwards when glue gun is in operation.

6. It is suggested remove power plug when next product use will performed at more than 15~20 minutes.

7. Due to the installation of durable materials in the glue gun, smoke may occur during the first use, after 30 minutes, the smoke is automatically eliminated.

8. Always keep the gun tail slider clean to ensure that the strip can be smoothly fed into the barrel.

9. It is forbidden to pull the rubber strip from the glue gun out of the tail of the glue gun.

10. When the glue gun is not in use, it should be placed in a dry and ventilated place.
This is not a waterproof product.

11. It should always be stored in a place which children do not have access to it.

12. Aloud 30 minutes as cooling down time before permanent storage, or leave it on it own stand.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix