!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Repair of old Toshiba SD-250E DVD player - Region Free tip  (Read 5289 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Some times I get pleasure from little things.

Just rescued one old Toshiba SD-250E DVD player from it last travel to dumpster.
This DVD was have lots of years since it last power up and it was hesitating to even power on properly.
I did started testing it with out TV and this thing was power off by it self.

The long story in sort version, after some DVD disc load attempts, this thing started to function properly, and even started playing as CD player.
But when tested the DVD disc this was giving an DVD region nag screen and it did quit from start playing.

Some web-search gave me no actual help of what to do, and then started trying any known tip even for other Toshiba models.

I got lucky !   ;)

The tip below is for Toshiba SD28X DVD players but it worked for me too.  8)

Region Free tip  ====>
Procedure:

1) POWER ON YOUR DVD PLAYER
2) OPEN THE DVD PLAYER DISC TRAY
3) THEN ON YOUR REMOTE PRESS the following in order

2, 4, 0, 3, 9, 6 , 0 , 9

4) CLOSE YOUR DVD PLAYER DISC TRAY
5) POWER OFF YOUR DVD PLAYER
6) POWER BACK ON YOUR DVD PLAYER AND ENTER A REGION DISC
TO TEST IF YOU'VE SUCCESSFUL UNLOCKED IT TO REGION ALL.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

giorgos

Re: Repair of old Toshiba SD-250E DVD player - Region Free tip
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 01:38:26 PM »
Really there are many similar cases.
I  have rescue  many electronic devices (tv, cd) too, which had a very single fault easy for me to repair.
Most consumers today doesnt give a chance in any fauty device to repair, and they prefer to replace them.
But with this way , they increase the damage of environment.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Repair of old Toshiba SD-250E DVD player - Region Free tip
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 08:44:53 PM »
What seems to me as interesting in those DVD players is a finding that I did about their power consumption, at the back plate there is a reference of 11W in this one and 10W in another JVC ( Japan) DVD player which I have and it is a better over all design.
But this is the stand-by power.
When this Toshiba SD-250E it does play a DVD disc the consumption becomes 21W ( I am testing BRYMEN BM079)  ;)

What I am trying to say is that if your older gear was power hungry one it might worth going for a new with better power consumption and features.
But this does not translate in buying a 40EUR no name DVD player from the local supermarket.
This JVC ( Japan) XV 33N was a 150EUR worth equipment, and definably is not a toy.

This Toshiba seems budged build but it does have a SONY disc mechanism. 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix